Now that my "public" has increased its ranks, the demand for output continues to increase...ah, the pressure...
I picked Tyson up on Friday after work from Medford. We oohed & aahed at eachother for a while, saying, "You've grown" & "Huh-uh, you've shrunk!" to eachother. Tyson said my head even shrank & I smelled different. So, that was quite the experience for the two of us; our first big amount of time away from eachother. We celebrated by going to Hometown Buffet, Tyson's favorite restaurant. We had a nice time & he filled me in with a little more detail about his visit, which sounded pretty good (except that he was informed that there was no tooth fairy!). From the sounds of it, there was plenty of partying going on, but I think Tyson's already decided that's not how he wants to live his life. Since being back, he's already said a couple of times how he doesn't plan to drink when he's an adult.
On Saturday, we went to a BBQ at Krista & Dustin's, which is always a good time! On Sunday, we went rafting with a group of 22 people, including a boy & a girl from Tyson's school & their parents. That was a lot of fun - believe it or not, I'd never been rafting before! Definitely an experience I'd like to repeat!
On Monday, Tyson & I went shopping for school supplies & got his hair cut. We also went out to breakfast. I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoy going out to eat so much more as a single parent! No one is rushing us, and we just sit there & chat away, getting as many refills as we want, and actually enjoy the experience! It's so nice! It's so great to have my boy back - we always enjoy eachother's company.
Now, yesterday was a whole different scenario! It was Tyson's first day of school (he's in the 4th/5th blended class this year), so they had a 12:30 release. I picked him up (across town) and took him to Talent, where he goes to daycare. I went inside & said, "Wow! Is Tyson the only kid here today?" and they said they weren't open until the next day...uh, nice of them to put that on the schedule, eh? So I had to bring him back to work with me for 3 1/2 hours on a 2-doc day with a full schedule. I stuck him on the internet out of sight. Thank goodness the administrator wasn't here yesterday! After work, I drove him back across town to football practice, then ran home to do transcription until it was time to pick him up. Then dinner, bath & bed,and before we knew it, it was 9:00! Thank goodness he didn't have any homework! Something has got to give!
6 comments:
Yikes! Sounds busy, busy, busy! and very hectic!! I'm so glad you have your little guy back, even if he says your head shrank. Too funny! I'm mad at Seth for the Tooth Fairy thing though. That's just not right. Not surprised about the partying but it still makes me very angry! I see his priorities are still way out of whack. Grrrrrr
It is wonderful to have those one on one moments with the kids. It's never the same as with "the family" especially men... sorry guys but it's true. I can't comment on the tooth fairy or santa clause cuz I've always been as upfront and honest as possible without taking away the magic... so on that note I must shut up.
Enjoy these days... they go by so quickly! I can say with an aching heart, that you will always long for your little baby... even when the big baby is right beside you.
So, just out of curiosity, how do you be upfront about it without losing the magic?
Laura just said "here's the way it is...but let's go shopping and you can pick out your own presents!", lol.
In my house, if you don't believe in the tooth fairy, she quits bringing you $$ for your teeth. If you don't believe in Santa, you don't get any presents from him. So even if my kids don't actually believe anymore, they'd better not say it around here...we'll tell Santa or the Tooth Fairy (we're in tight with them...and they'll pass the word along to the Easter Bunny and anyone else we choose). ;0)
I am prepared with "the truth" rather than continuing the "myth".
For example: Santa Claus aka St. Nick
"Mommy! so and so said there's no Santa! Is that true!?"
Well, I won't lie to my children... so I take the truth and use it wisely.
"Well hon, maybe not in the way lots of people think of him, (Think: white and red snow suit big fat jolly man who comes down everyone's in the whole world chimney and leaves presents, all in one night...)but there was once a man who brought gifts to children but he lived long long ago, and because of him and the gifts he gave in secret- we continue to honor that tradition and give gifts to one another... in many ways we are all Santa's. But let's not spoil everyone else's beliefs about things, Cause when you look at it, there really IS a Santa Claus." End with smile and a wink. Think "conspiracy"
Somethin' like that.....
I tell my kids the same thing as they ask, well, if they've asked repeatedly and "what do you think?" doesn't work anymore. Luckily the "what do you think?" seems to hold them off for one more year. ;0) But then I also implement the other part that if they "don't believe" (at least to my face) then they'll stop getting gifts from him.
Post a Comment