I'm starting to feel discouraged again in the dating area. Yes, I enjoy being single. I love the independence & I love being able to check out any hotties I want to without feeling guilty! I also love knowing that, by being single, I'm not settling for any less in a relationship than I desire and am entitled to.
That being said, I'd just like to be asked out by a cute guy (not one of the circus freaks - they don't count!) and to go out on a real date! I know that I need to stop being frustrated & let God decide when the timing's right & send him to me, but dangit, it just seems like that's never going to happen!
Tyson doesn't help matters. We saw a guy in a jeep who was really cute & wearing a flannel shirt (on the right guy, that's sexy!), who was rocking out with his music, and Tyson said, "See Mom, we need to get one of those!" He's always pointing out guys that seem nice, but unfortunately, these guys don't seem to notice me, or if they do, they aren't liking what they see.
I mean, I realize that I'm not a stunningly beautiful or typically good-looking female, but if I were a guy, I'd totally want to date me! I'm funny, smart, a good friend, a great mom, secure in who I am, loyal, impulsive but responsible & a genuinely nice person. What's not to like?
14 comments:
Patience my baby sister! Really, it's better to have "TIME" alone/looking- than be with the wrong guy when the right one comes along! I spent 4 years.. well, you know... and then one day- minding my own business, not looking- there he was... and he'd been hoping to meet someone for FOUR years (I wasn't married, but also not available) and hadn't even dated... and in I walked... and yes, here we are.... married. So be patient my dear, God has things well in hand- and although it's our nature to "help Him along" He does fairly well all on his own. Be yourself and yes the right guy WILL love you just as you are- I mean look- I am living proof!!!!
Yeah, yeah, I know...unfortunately, knowing it and feeling it are not the same thing! I totally don't want to jump right back into a relationship for the sake of being in one, but I really wouldn't mind dating!
I can relate Amanda. They say the grass is always greener (and hey, even if you never date again, it's definitely true for you!), but the dating scene isn't what it used to be.
I think most guys our age assume that we're married so don't really bother looking too hard. I think they figure that the only way they'll meet someone single is in a bar (gag), so miss plenty of opportunities to ask someone out.
I was so frustrated when I got back on the dating scene and no one would ask me out! Remember? I even gave my phone number to a total stranger at a gas station just because I was so thrilled that someone had actually asked for it! Then I ended up regretting it as I realized what a weirdo he was from phone conversations and then the little stalker things he did. Ewwww! Really, when you think about it I didn't even date much after my divorce! Sure, I revisited my relationship with Bill (bombed), but when I escaped down to CA I didn't even date anyone (and no, John doesn't count!) until Randy asked me out!
It was so incredibly frustrating! It got to the point where some friends and I considered going down the street to a gay bar hoping that straight guys were there trying to "change" lesbians to their way of thinking, so if they saw us there they'd mistakenly pick up on us. I mean, come on! How desperate had I gotten to even consider that?!
I know it will happen for you. You've gone through enough hell and you so deserve a great guy who will appreciate you (and work! lol). It's just a matter of waiting for him to realize that there are single, approachable women our age out there waiting to appreciate them! (And of course not turning down setups with really nice Matt Damon look-alikes would probably help too!).
Ya know, a guy came up from Phoenix to fix my windshield today and I even checked his ring finger to see if he was set-up material. No ring...but I chickened out. He just reminded me too much of Seth (body-type...nothing else!). It's kinda hard to set you up from so far away though...I think it's time for you to move out here. ;0)
P.S. Sorry my reply is longer than your post. ;0)
LOL, Kathy, I'm always grateful for your lengthy and/or frequent posts! If it weren't for you & Laura, I'd feel lke I was blogging into thin air!
Thanks for making me chuckle at the desperate futility of the whole dating scene and reminding me that I'm not the only one who's been through this! As for the Matt Damon thing, maybe it's time to take you up on it, but you're right, the distance is a bit much!
I can't say that I haven't thought a lot about moving out there (especially now that you'll have horses!), but I just don't feel right about uprooting Tyson, and I feel like I have a pretty good thing going here, even if I don't have any family close by...
A WISE GIRL I KNOW ONCE TOLD ME : IT IS BETTER TO HAVE LOVED AND LOST THAN TO LIVE YOUR LIFE WITH A LOSER. (OKAY SHE GOT IT OFF A T-SHIRT). I LOVE THAT SAYING. I HAD TO HOLD ONTO THAT WHILE WAITING AROUND TO SETTLE FOR THE HUSBAND I FINALLY GOT. HEHE.
Yeah!!! Twyla posted! She likes me, she really likes me!!
ACTUALLY, I KIND OF FELT BAD FOR YOU. (WHINER!)
You are such a hootchie mama! It's nice to know I have friends who keep me grounded!
rofl Twyla! *waving* HI from Arizona!! Thanks for taking such good care of my sis! ;0)
Hey, who's side are you on here, anyway? You just wait till Twyla starts posting on your blog! (She's already been reading it & says she feels like a voyeur!)
did you get beat up a lot as a kid??? i can't believe you told on me!! that is fine. just wait until i post a little dirt on here about you.
love ya!
I just figured that I'd help you come out of the closet, that's all! Please, no dirt! You probably don't really have any, so you'd have to make some up, and I'm sure your imagination is better than reality! (Oh, that's right, I forgot, you're not creative...) XOXO
You guys are so silly! I already know all the dirt on both of you (yep, Amanda's a huge gossip, lol. Just kidding! She's only said nice things about you...but don't tell her I told you).
Post a Comment