Search This Blog

Saturday, September 10, 2005




I have to brag on my incredible nieces here for a moment (my nephews are pretty cool too):

I have several nieces and nephews (comes from having 6 siblings!), and it just so turned out that four of them are all the same age (15 y/o). I just think it's so cool that so many of our kids love music as much as we do, and are talented musicians and songwriters.

My niece, Mary, is the lead singer in a band called Crossover, who actually plays gigs in Humboldt County. Her link is posted here on my blog. On the Crossover website, you can actually listen to some of their music.

My niece, Jennifer, lives in Arizona. Aside from being an extremely bright freshman in college this year, at age 15, she is also a floutist and a budding songwriter. She's such a great writer in general, so I don't know why I'm surprised that her songs are wonderful, too! Her blog link is posted here, as well, and she has posted the lyrics to a few of her songs.

My niece, Carey-Anna, lives in Eureka, CA, and unbeknownst to me, has been learning guitar and writing her own songs, too! Her dad called me last night to tell me that she had just performed at her first open mic night at the Has Beans Coffee Company in Old Town Eureka (who happens to be the city league softball team I played for when my son was just a baby). Pictures of the open mic night can be viewed at www.hasbeansopenmic.blogspot.com.

5 comments:

Angel22lal said...

Actually it's "Crossover". Mary's band... or rather The Band is Crossover.

Amanda said...

I know - I'm such a dork! I was really tired last night; that's my only excuse - I even went onto the site again after posting this & still didn't catch it! Sorry, Mary!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, I edited it for you (and Jenn made me change the spelling of neice to niece while I was there). ;0)
I was just sitting here in awe of them all too, lol. Jenn was asking if Heather also writes songs, but I don't know the answer. How cool is it that they're all so into music? Of course, with Adams blood running through them, how could they not be?

Anonymous said...

P.S. Also wanted to mention that Tyson is quite a great songwriter himself at age 9! Goooo Tyson!

Anonymous said...

P.P.S. I'm going to copy your blog entry into mine to save myself some typing. ;0)