Search This Blog

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Today is the last day I'll see my boy for two whole weeks!!! I'm trying to look at the bright side & consider all the things I can do in his absense to get some "me-time", instead of wallowing in sorrow & freaking out a little that he'll be far away & unsupervised with his dad...God will be watching out for him, I know.

So far, I plan to attend a house-warming party for my boss (margaritas are on the menu!) on Saturday, go salsa dancing with my friend, Denise, on both of the Thursdays, and attend a party for another eye specialist's office on the 1st (free catered food & live music - what the hell?). I also plan to rent Under the Tuscan Sun, Diary of a Mad Black Woman & Serendipity, as well as going to see Duece Bigelow II at the theater. Other than that, I'm hoping to get some transcription to do & will put in a few extra hours at Lithia Women's Care so I can make some extra money.

That still leaves me with entirely too much time to miss my boy, though...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, is it already that time?!? This is going to be a hard 2 weeks, but you're strong and will make it through. You know, you could come out to AZ and I'd keep you busy (okay, so it would be cleaning my house since that's all I'll be doing for the next week so we can put it up for sale at the end of next week, but it'll be fun!...shades of Tom Sawyer and the whitewashing of the fence there). Speaking of which, what would you think of spending Christmas here? I'm working on getting Mom out here, but Dad already has "stay home and play Scrooge" on his calendar.
It sounds like you've got some fun stuff planned though and I'm sure that everyone there will help keep you busy. ;0)

Amanda said...

I totally wish I could, but I have no vacation time left at all! I'm going to plan this better next summer & hope to make a week of it, traveling to San Diego to see Sarah & Maya, then to AZ to see you guys & hopefully New Mexico to see my dear, long-lost friend, Marge & just spend 2-3 days with each person.

As far as Christmas goes, I'm usually very adamant about staying home on Christmas morning, but I thought that might be a little weird & lonely with just me & Tyson this year. So how about I say yes, tentatively, since I haven't talked with Seth about how we'll work Christmas break yet...thanks for the invite! I'll let you know as soon as I discuss it with Seth.

BTW, I can't believe you're putting the house up for sale this week! I'm sure it doesn't seem like it to you guys, but from my perspective, the whole process has moved along so quickly!

Amanda said...

Update: I watched "Under the Tuscan Sun" tonight. One down, three to go!

Anonymous said...

Well, at least I've seen 2 out of the 3. Tuscan Sun...definitely a chickflick and kinda slow, but it's been a few years. All I remember is that I want to go to Italy now.
You'll love Serendipity (well, of course you will, it's John Cousak isn't it?). That's Jennifer's favorite movie. It was really cute. But that one's been a few years as well, so I don't remember a whole lot else about it other than that I liked it.

Amanda said...

I thought the same thing - a little slow, but funny & charming, I suppose...I've seen Serendipity; I'd just like to watch it again, since it has been a while. It's along the same lines of 13 Going on 30 for me right now, though, if you know what I mean...I keep bawling every time I watch it! A little too close to home for me...