I know I'm supposed to live by my previous vow, but if you know me, you also know how unrealistic this is for me on a daily basis! I've surprised myself by how well I've done, but I just went & did something to break it...
I took Tyson & his friends, Daniel & Kyle (who are brothers), to the free kids' day in Hawthorne Park today for something to do. We went around to all the booths scooping up all the freebies & playing all the contests & entering drawings. One of the stops was at the booth of one of my favorite radio stations, where I talked with one of the DJ's & 2 of his 3 daughters. I listen to this guy all the time & he cracks me up! I called in one time before my divorce to tell him how much I loved his Howard Cosell impression & asked if he'd ever seen the movie "Better Off Dead", with John Cusack, so on-air, we were laughing about it & relating, and his DJ partner, Shelly, asked if I was married. I told her that, yes, I was, but if I wasn't, I'd totally go after this guy! He was like, "Yeah, they always say that when they're safely married!" So today, I told Tyson that this guy did great impressions & to ask him to do one, so he went up & asked him to do Sylvester Stallone, and the DJ asked how he knew that he could do impressions (then proceeded to do a dead-on Rocky), so Tyson told him that his mom told him & pointed to me. Of course, I was coyly standing aside letting Tyson do the talking, but he did look over & smile really big.
Anyway, to make a short story long, I just emailed him to remind him of my promise that I'd look him up if I were single & said that I haven't done the whole dating thing, but would really just like to hang out with someone who I know could make me laugh & to let me know if he'd like to get together sometime. For once, I'm not really obsessing over this; I just really would like to have fun with somebody & not necessarily worry about romance right now, other than maybe a little flirting.
6 comments:
Hmm...sounds interesting, with possibilities. Just don't start obsessing. If he calls, he calls. If not, you've got plenty of other dates to look forward to. No biggie! Now, by any chance, his name wasn't Bryce, was it? lol. Sorry, but an old friend of mine is a dj in that area (Bryce Burtner). I can't remember if he's still married or not though, but he's a total sweetheart (even though I haven't really seen him since jr. high, except once right after my divorce). Anyway, keep me posted!
P.S. Never mind...just remembered that he'd posted in our high school forum, and he's been married for 15 years now. Oh well. Anyway, if you get the chance to listen, he's on Clear Channel (whatever that is, but supposedly it's one of the biggest stations in the country, but I haven't heard of it), but also mentions KISS 107FM, AND NEWSTALK 1440 KMED, so maybe those are the affiliates of Clear Channel in that area...?
And, some advice- don't let the first kiss lead to an all out first date. Take it slow... enjoy the romance, and the dating.
Yikes, Laura, I'm not even in the considering kissing phase; what do you take me for?!?
Yeah, Laura thinks we're all just floozies. You should have heard her advice to me while I was in high school. YOWZA! I can't even publish it here! Needless to say, she was waaaaay overestimating where I was in that part of my life, lol.
Love ya Laura! ;0) At least we know you're looking out for us.
Sorry to have to say this, Laura, but we're just not as slutty as you! (LMAO!! Just teasin'!)
OMG! LMAO, uhhh...let's NOT go there. Just remember Laura, I didn't say it, Amanda did! FYI: Laura's pretty (shockingly) innocent. I don't know how she managed to have kids!
Post a Comment