It's been a few days since my last blog entry, but I haven't been slacking - quite the opposite, in fact!
On Saturday I'd hoped to go film an interview with mystery writer, Kit Sloan, for Ashland's Mystery Writers' "RVTV Noir" on Southern Oregon Public Television (I've done it a couple of times before; Phillip Margolin is tentatively down for Sept. or October!). Instead I dealt with getting stuff worked on with my car & Tyson & I hung out at Honda because they were doing a drawing for 3 different cars and $500 cash - nope, didn't win, but managed to kill some time before hitting the 11-12 year old All-Star's car wash fundraiser & the ice cream social in Ashland. The latter turned out pretty lame, we both agreed, so we came home & vegged out with some movies.
Yesterday, I got a weed-eater & spent the whole day outside wacking my "lawn", which was basically a jungle, but looks almost decent now, and picking blackberries & planting mums. After all this, we BBQ'd & I made my new favorite side dish, mostaccioli pasta/zucchini salad. To end the very productive day, we picked up some plywood, hinges, handles & a lock to build Tyson's fort.
This morning I woke up completely immobile & called in sick! (I did have a killer headache that I think was caused by all day in the sun the day before.) By the afternoon, after much lazing around, a long soak in the tub & a nap, I was feeling fairly decent, so Tyson & I went to the movies and watched "Sky High", which was fairly entertaining & I figured beat our other choice "Dukes of Hazzard"! (Besides which, I didn't want to incur the wrath of my sister, Kathy!) Then we went out to ice cream & came home to fix dinner (pot roast) & get Tyson ready for football practice.
So there you have it: my (extended) weekend in a nutshell (sorry, Jenn, totally a "this-is-what-I-did" boring blog entry!).
All in all, though, it was a fulfilling and empowering weekend, and, at the risk of sounding more than a little bipolar, one that has made me reconsider my previous longing for the companionship of the opposite sex. At least for now, I do appreciate the fact that by being a single adult, I can't be dependent on others to do certain things for me because they're outside my experience or realm of comfort - instead, I simply learn to do them myself, and that feels really good! Besides, with being single comes a whole lot of freedom that one tends to take for granted (unless they're in a relationship & don't have the luxury of these freedoms!): I can buy something I can't afford & don't have to put up with anyone making me feel even crappier about it! I can change my mind whenever I want! I can clean house on my own schedule (thank goodness I'm a bit of a neat freak, but it's still nice to know, anyway)! I can watch chick flicks, totally cheesy comedies, or movies that make me cry again! I can sing really badly to songs way out of my range & not have to worry if anyone likes it and I can stay up really late blogging when I should be in bed without anyone telling me what to do! Aaahh...the beauty of it all!
1 comment:
Sounds absolutely perfect! I'm glad you chose Sky High instead of Dukes, lol. How was it? It looks pretty cute, especially for Tyson and Adam.
You've sure been keeping busy lately. Of course, when aren't you?!
Love and miss you sis!
Post a Comment