Egads! I've done a terrible thing & missed a day of posting an entry into my new blog! I knew the day would come...
Day 1 of "The Vow" went pretty well; it's very liberating to go through life living for yourself, your way, rather than worrying about what people will think (in this case, men)!
Last Saturday I took myself out to see Wedding Crashers with Vince Vaughn (hot, hot hot!!)& Owen Wilson. This was the best comedy I've seen in a loooooooonng time! (Warning: this movie may not appeal to everyone. It does involve some very crude humor, which I happen to love!) I will definitely buy this when it comes out on DVD. Besides being completely entertaining & starring Vincey-Baby, I've always wanted to be a wedding crasher! Next movie I'll probably go see: The Dukes of Hazard. I know that this will be a big disappointment to all the die-hard Hazard fans of old, but I plan to enjoy it with no expectations, and I love Johnny Knoxville & Sean (Astin?) Scott. Yeeeeeeeeee-haaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!! I must confess that I'm a bit dubious about Burt Reynolds being cast as Boss Hog, though...
1 comment:
Ok, since my last comments were deleted with the duplicate message, I thought I'd better post again.
While I loved the original Dukes (when it was Bo and Luke, not the cousins Vance and Coy), even as cheesy as it was, I have absolutely NO desire to see this version of it. I think it makes a complete mockery of the original, especially the Daisy character. Catherine Bach made the original Daisy sexy just by being herself. Yeah, the short-shorts added to that, but not in a disgusting way like they're doing with this remake. The short-shorts stood on their own, they didn't need Daisy to flaunt it every chance she got or to throw her body around like something perpetually in heat the way that Jessica's "Daisy" does.
Okay, so it might be partly because I don't like Jessica Simpson to begin with, but c'mon, even the original Enos is boycotting this remake because it's too oversexed. I wouldn't pay to see this movie, and I wouldn't bother watching it for free. Yuck!!
(And it's funny that you say that about Burt Reynolds playing Boss Hogg, 'cuz that's the only redeeming thing I can find about the remake, lol.)
Post a Comment