I had the laziest day that I can remember having in years!!!!!
I slept in until 10 am, went to work for a couple of hours (my only concession to un-lazy behavior), stopped by the library & picked up a Jude Deveraux & two Johnathan Kellerman novels, came home & put on my swimsuit, made myself a banana julius, grabbed a blanket & suntan oil & laid out in my back yard for an hour or two, then I came in & laid on the futon & read for another hour or two, until I decided that I needed a nap. I woke up some time later - at this point, I didn't know what time it was when I fell asleep or when I woke up, and frankly, loved not knowing or caring!
I just finished my Jude Devereaux book & only had one interruption: a quick phone call from Tyson at 8:00. He wanted to tell me something, but couldn't, I'm thinking, because someone was nearby, so I asked him if he could tell me later & he said he would...hmm....
Anyway, I felt compelled to share my sinfully lazy day & am now off to watch another chick flick. I finally rented Serendipity last night! What a great movie...if only life were such a fairy tale...
3 comments:
Hmmm...I thought I'd already commented, but it's not there and I think I must have been too tired to actually type out my words.
This lazy day sounds like nirvana! Way to spoil yourself. I haven't read any Jude Deveraux in a while, I should pull out my collection and read some of the ones I haven't even read yet. I still like one of her very first ones best...I think it was called "Black Lion" and it was put out by another publishing company (maybe Avon books?). I've gotten so into my suspense novels that I forget about historical romance (which, being romance I'd probably shy away from anyway, but hers are more about the historical part and they're so interesting!).
Did you find out what Ty wanted to talk with you about? Now I'm worried! Ack! When do you get him back? When you do the exchange, don't forget to figure out Christmas stuff with Seth so that you can plan your trip out here. I sure hope it works out!
Yeah, I enjoyed yesterday so much that I figured I needed a repeat today! Man, what a lazy weekend! I got up & read one of the Kellerman books & finished it tonight already! I only have one more book to read & I just got three yesterday! The reason I like Jude Devereaux so much is because she deals with other-wordly things, like time travel, ghosts, angels and such. I'm not much for straight romance, either, but with plot twists like those, it's always intruiging.
I asked Tyson about it tonight, and he said that it was nothing; he just wanted to tell me about a part in the Rocky movies he'd watched that day, so I guess I'm just being the overly-concerned mother hen. (Tyson & I got Seth the Rocky movies I through IV for Father's Day one year.)
I did do some cleaning, and I was glad I'd done so when I got a call from Dad that he was in town & was coming by! I guess he was up here picking up Joey, so I got to see Joey, Joe & Dad for a short visit today - what a nice surprise!
It's looking like Tyson's G'ma will bring him home instead of my picking him up, so I plan to discuss the Christmas plans when I talk to him on the phone...I've been trying to figure out how we'll get down there, though...I sure hope it can work out!
I'll figure out a way to get you here, as well as mom if it will work out! It would be the best Christmas ever to have you guys here and be in the new house and everything.
Wow! What a great surprise to get to see Dad, Joe and Joey! No Heather? I just missed her birthday again. I'm the worst Aunt in the world! It must have been a nice surprise though to see them today.
Post a Comment