I'm back on the wagon again - abstaining from men, that is...something came up that has convinced me that I should go with my gut & hold out for the man that I really wanted from the start (no, we will not name names or discuss the circumstances).
If I am patient (yeah, I know, nearly impossible for me, but he's worth it!), eventually the same force that keeps almost bringing us together will deliver him to me, and I want to be available this time when the opportunity presents itself! In the meantime, I'm saving myself from being hurt & disappointed by meaningless relationships that don't measure up to my idea of what our future could be together. I just don't see how that could be a bad thing. The only down-side to holding onto this dream of the two of us being soul-mates & living happily ever after is that, for now, he's completely unaccessible, and that makes me really sad. But, if it really is meant to be (which is what I believe in my heart), then he will seek me out when he's ready. I've made it very easy for him to find me, so from here on out, that's all I can really do. Who knows, maybe he doesn't even want to be in touch with me, or maybe he only sees me as a friend. I'm willing to wait & see...
Ok, enough romantic daydreaming...quick update on la vida loca: Tyson & I were up till 9:30 last night completing his state report that was due today. Thank goodness that's over with! I think he'll get a really good grade on it, though. He brought home a bunch of school work yesterday, and he's been doing more extra credit & getting straight A's except for the last couple of spelling tests, which he wasn't able to study for because he kept forgetting to being the lists home. Now that I can get the list online, we've been studying & I have no doubt that he'll get 100% from here on out. Last night after football practice, we stopped by Seth's dad's for a few minutes (first time since the divorce & actually a while before that even), because Phil had to put his 15 year old Golden Retriever, Buddy, to sleep. Buddy was totally a family member (one of the few I really got along with)! He would hug & howl "I love you" on command, as well as every other trick in the book. Rest in peace, Buddy. Tyson's playoff game against the Crater Comets is this Sunday. If we win, we move on, and if not, the season's over. He wants to do basketball, and I want him to have the opportunity to try, but dangit, I'm ready for a break, and I think he needs one too! I'll probably put in a couple hours at Lithia Women's Care this weekend & carve some pumpkins, but other than that & football, I'm going to relax as much as possible! Can't wait for Halloween - I'll post pics of me & Tyson in costume afterward.
16 comments:
oh how i want to believe you are ready to be patient. i just don't think it is as easy as it should be. i hated being single although now i would go back in an instant. best of luck with the new plan.
btw, i agree that you guys could use a break.
i did not mean to post that twice. i get so confused in this screen and how to go back to the original. i hate signs of aging. oh well!
You & I both want to believe it, honey! I'd so much rather be single than be in my previous reltationship, but with the right man (yes, that man!), I think I'd love to be in a committed relationship again. I do miss having someone to help me out with things & of course, there's always snuggling! BTW, since you're younger than I am, my dear, you better watch that "aging" crap! I think I'll chalk it down to sheer stupidity! (JK!) Hey, did Gary tell you I kicked him today? He was mocking me (as usual), so he deserved it! I don't know how he manages to keep you around...but I do have my suspicions...
Be careful when "looking back" to find Mr. Right. You will find the right person just by living your life and being "available" emotionally. Just when you think there's no one, no where... sigh- there HE will be... and He'll be saying to you "I have been looking for you all this time..." so be ready when it hits, until then- LIVE, LOVE & LAUGH
i think the only way gary can keep me is knowing that i am insanely stubborn about our relationship. i am determined to get through these first couple of years and i don't want to share my kids. he is not the kind of father who would be satisified seeing his children once in a while. so, since i adore my little boogers, i choose to keep their dad as part of the package.
oh yeah, and maybe because i am the meaner one most of the time, i am just glad he stays. i think i would have left me a long time ago and never looked back.
about the aging thing, now looking at the blog comments, it only posted once anyway. so now i look like a dork on top of it all. i can feel 30 knocking at the door. dang it! in four more years, i have to open that damn door! hehe
Uh-huh, like it has nothing to do with his shoe size! Careful of staying together for the kids, T, look where it got me! Although, I have to say that I'm glad Tyson got to know his dad before we split up. BTW, I erased the second comment, so now you look especially dorky! Hey, what are friends for?
Laura, I just figure that if Mr. Right isn't who I think he is, then he'll find me, too. If I'm holding out for the one I think is Mr. R & someone else comes along & knocks my socks off and convinces me that he's even better, then that's fine too. At least I'll be available when that happens!
I hope your "mr. right" sees you standing there soon. It is always special when you find that someone special. Best of luck to you.
I hope he finds me, too & sees me as his Ms. Right - but I know it won't be anytime soon...thanks for the thought, though! :)
Hey Amanda,
tell us about mr. wrong..so that us with our husbands that look like jackazzes will remember that there are worse out there...lol...Your prince charming will come along...and then you'll ditch us all on this blog...we better keep him away...so we can still have her for ourselves...lol
Oh! One more peice of unwarrented advice... When you find Mr. Right, just be sure his first name isn't ALWAYS.... LOL!!!!
(no, we will not name names or discuss the circumstances)
Has anyone told you that you're sexy when you're mysterious. JK
I hope you don't have to wait too long. Believe me, I know how much suck is involved in waiting.
Nope, no one's ever told me that before, probably 'cause I don't "do" mysterious very well. I've always been a "what-you-see-is-what-you-get" kind o' gal, which, in my experience is somehow a turn off for most guys (except for the really strange ones that I wish didn't like it so much)! I sure do like hearing it, though, so feel free to continue with the flattery...:)
BTW, Laura, what does your last comment mean? ..."first name always..."? Huh?!?
And, Misty, I think you have a good idea for my next post! I'll do a Mr. Wrong list. Goodness knows I have PLENTY of experience to draw from!
amanda, do you really not get it? she doesn't think the guy should be named Always Right. haha! his first name should be "just" not "always". silly girl.
2 more days left!! yeah for me and the new job!
Well, Twyla, it's official! You are one of my family members - I can't believe you got it & I didn't! Now you see where I get my very strange sense of humor...I never had a chance! That is SO awesome that you only have two days to go - are you gonna pull a Jerry Maguire & go schitzo on your last day? Please, please, please...?
Oooh, I like Misty's suggestion of listing Mr. Wrong...you've had enough experiences with them that they'd make for one juicy post, lol. I think the whole world should get to have that laugh. I can't believe you didn't get Laura's "Always" reference. I think Twyla just took your place in the family or maybe we'll keep you around just for fun. ;0)
Love and miss you tons!
Post a Comment