Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Well, per Twyla's petulant request for my light banter (just one of many facets of my incredibly enigmatic personality), here's my Top 10 on Tuesday:

10 Best Presents You've Received
(As always, in no particular order)

1. My son was born 5 days after my birthday. Does he count?
2. My surprise birthday party in 8th grade. My mom had Shannon & Sarah invite all our friends from school (including boys, woo-hoo!) and we had a sleep-over.
3. My pony, J.R. My mom did a whole scavenger hunt thing starting with a card on the Christmas tree & ending in the barn, with a big red bow wrapped around his neck.
4. My karaoke machine. (Ironically enough, from my ex-husband last Christmas, after we split up, but I was still living there until my place became available.)
5. A keyboard & a stand. (We were always broke when I was growing up, so when I got something this huge, it made me feel even more grateful!)
6. A Hawaiian ginger bath & body set from Shannon. It was the last thing she gave me, and she said that she knew how much I liked hers & that my mom had taught us to give someone something you'd want for yourself.
7. A really soft stuffed kitty on a heart pillow that said "I love you" from my boyfriend, Cris, in 8th grade. (I've been racking my brain, and other than that & the gifts I got on holidays from Seth, I don't think I've ever gotten presents from a boyfriend!)
8. A sepia-type picture of a daisy in a field that I have hanging in my living room from my sister, Kathy. I spotted it when we were shopping together & she snuck back & bought it for me without me knowing.
9. My friend, Denise, always gives little gifts, like Mary Kay (since she's a rep) and one time, a haircut & color, which is how I met my current hairdresser that I love so much!
10. Other gifts from friends: the blue glass hurricane lantern candleholder & cream & taupe candle platters from Twyla & the beautiful mirrored crystal candleholder from Marge for my wedding. Tyson's grandma, Robbin, has also given me so many wonderful gifts I can't begin to list them all. She's incredibly generous & has impeccible taste (and she doesn't even read my blog, so I'm not kissing up to get more - it's just the truth)! Also, I can't end this without mentioning that my big sister, Laura, always gave me birthday & Christmas presents when I was growing up, wherever she lived. She'd mail them with stickers all over the box - and still does, as a matter of fact! She just borrowed my wedding dress & when she mailed it back to me, included a really cute memo pad with an angel on the cover. She's always been thoughtful that way. (She does read this blog...hee hee!)

4 comments:

Angel22lal said...

Finally.... acknowledgment! Wow! Thanks! Gifts are funny things... you hope that what you give is something the receiver wants/needs. Sounds like you've had some awesome gifts in your lifetime.

Amanda said...

I sure have, and I've always loved yours, especially the fact that you were thinking of me, even when you were far away, or when no one else did! Love you!

Angel22lal said...

And this year I suck at it... I used to be so good at keeping up and remembering everyone, nowdays it's remembering that's easy and doing something that seems to be beyond me... But I still send out love in bunches!

Amanda said...

That's me - I'll think of people's special days well in advance & think of all the nice things I like to do for them, but then all of a sudden, the actual day is here & I haven't even mailed a freakin' card! Then I'm totally guilt-ridden, so people never even know how much I was obsessing over their special day...it's a vicious cycle!