What have they done with all my new shows?!?
In the past, I never have been a big TV addict, but I decided that some of the new shows looked good & I should check 'em out at the beginning of the season, so I got hooked on a few:
Prison Break, Head Cases and Reunion (and most recently, My Name is Earl).
So, I tune in Monday at 9 pm., telling Tyson that I have transcription to do, so I have to cut the snuggling time short. Much to my dismay, it wasn't on! The stupid TV guide said it was, and even the interet said so, but they were lying! Oh, and this is after finding out that Head Cases was cancelled after two stinking episodes! I mean, really, the show had potential, and how would you know after two episodes if it was going to be sucessful or not? On Tuesday, I kept looking for My Name is Earl on Fox and didn't realize until it was over that it's actually on NBC. So, tonight's Thursday...I tell Tyson that he really needs to get some reading time in & that I have to watch Reunion. To my surprise and delight, he was cooperative, so I settle in to watch my show, and...yep! You guessed it! They didn't air it! What is going on here? I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone or something! (Oh, wait...they cancelled that show, too...)
On a side note, a couple of exciting things: Misty, an old friend from another lifetime (ok, like high school) has tracked me down & we've been in touch. (Hi, Misty!) Also, I stumbled onto a blog that intrigued me and ended up making an internet buddy that is going through a hard time right now, and hopefully I can help him out a little by being a friend from afar. (Hi, Mike!) Also, I talked to Krista tonight, and her awesome hubby, Dustin, will be taking a test on Saturday so he will be able to be an independent sub-contracting plumber, which will allow him to work in town & live at home, rather than traveling out of town for work during the week & showing up on the weekends. I'm really looking forward to this weekend with Sarah & doing the walk for Shannon.
So, any of you who know me know that I believe in the power of prayer, and would like to ask that you say a little prayer for Misty for will-power, for Mike for patience and peace, for Dustin for his exciting new future, for my friends Twyla & Gary, that they'll get more sleep & appreciate eachother more, for my friend Denise, that her husband will woo her this weekend, and for my brother-in-law, Randy, whom I love dearly because he's so good to my big sis. He recently fell while working on the new house in Arizona and had a pretty serious head injury.
And, really, I'll try to quit being so dang sappy in my next blog entry! I just don't know what's gotten into me lately!
6 comments:
Sappy snappy... it's wonderful to read about your life and hear how you're doing... especially the little insights that otherwise I might not have known... keep bloggin!
sorry about your shows, spud! gone are the days of the american sitcom. never again will we be able to have our 'friends' over or have seinfeld entertain us with a whole lot of nothing. now we have only perverse or creepy things to watch. my biggest beef with television now is that it is no longer family friendly. and don't even get me started on reality tv. i don't think americans will stop until we are watching people kill each other on a reality show. and then the news.... i better stop.
antway, thanks for the prayer request for us. someone must be listening because we are starting to like each other again. my three hours at home ALONE the other night really helped. i think when i get the job at the magdalene home full time and leave alsco that will also help with my stress level. gary is probably 25% the problem and i take the other 75%. don't tell him i told you that. hehe.
by the way, i love seeing my name plastered all over your bloggity-blog! that rocks!
oops i forgot to write my name on that last comment....what a dork!!
Hello!! I love Prison Break too!! and I saw that it was on...but where I don't know! I was pretty disappointed too, although my husband shakes his head through the whole show, telling me that's not what a "REAL" prison is like....I tell him to put a sock in it so I can watch those sexy brothers figure out life...hee hee..I see they are running a encore episode this week!!YEAH...hopefully we can find it!
Twyla~So happy to hear that you & Gary are liking eachother again (although at this point, it's been several days since you left this post on my blog, so things have most likely changed)! I'm so happy for you regarding your work at the Magdelene Home. I was whining to Gary the other day that I feel like my work has no purpose & that I'd like to do something that actually reflects a part of who I am. I'm really excited that you'll have the opportunity to do just that. As for your name being all over my blog, this is the reward you reap for being such a good friend & reading & commenting on it! Keep it up!
Misty~Totally there with you on the hot bros. (Insert nasty comment about conjugal visits here...)Your hubby's comment reminds me of how Troy (yeah, remember him?) used to actually request chopsticks when he'd take me to Chinese because he was stationed in Japan for a while & knew how to use them - well, whoopedy-doo! I think the playoffs are almost over & Prison Break will be on for the two hour encore (oh, yeah!) starting at 8 on Monday...?
BTW, Twyla, I'd never front you off to Gary...girl code & all that jazz...
Post a Comment