Soooo glad to be starting a new week! Last week completely sucked & I was dragging from having a cold, which carried over into the weekend. Ty & I folded out the futon & watched movies Friday & Saturday nights.
Yesterday, Tyson had his last football game of the season against the only team we've lost to in the last two years. As it turns out, his cousin (on his dad's side) was on the opposing team, literally facing him on the line, so it was all that much better when we beat 'em! This means that we'll be facing the Crater Comets in the top lineup of the playoffs, and they're the only team that we lost to this year. Let's hope the boys see it as an opportunity to even things up, rather than let that intimidate them. Since I had to drop Tyson off 1 1/4 hours early for the game in Eagle Point, I drove over to Krista & Dustin's to say hi. Their whole family had the flu except Dustin, since he's been working out of town again, but guess what?!? Our prayers were answered, and he has passed his test to become an independent plumbing contractor, so he can do whatever he wants now! I'm really happy for them; it couldn't happen to better people! After the game, Tyson went to visit with his friend, Luc, who had a birthday party that Tyson had to miss because of football. When I dropped him off, Lily's dad was there dropping her off. We'd met before & played tennis with his girls against me & Tyson & had a great time. But, wouldn't you know it, single dad up & got remarried, of course! Oh well.....
Fell asleep during the movie last night, slept in till 8:30, read until 12:30 (with a break to make Tyson breakfast) & took a nap until 4pm. Woke up feeling a lot better! I really wanted to go for a bike ride; it was such a beautiful day, but let Tyson talk me into going out to eat. We were going to see a movie, but there's just nothing that looked good to either of us, so we went to Cold Stone Creamery (dang, that's some good ice cream!) & came home.
I finally get the book shelf painted for Tyson's room & did a couple of transcription tapes tonight. It is truly amazing that this mundane life of mine can seem so hectic at times...
1 comment:
I tried to comment on this before, but it weirded out on me... so here I go again. I found out from dad that the cousins (Joey and Tyson) played against each other! Wow... Wish I had photos of that game.
Post a Comment