Search This Blog

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Alas, the time has come for the infamous posting of the "Mr. Wrong" list. Let it be known that I have taken the research for this blog post very seriously & spent basically the last 29 years of my life compliling this list...

Mr. Wrong...
...has no sense of humor
...doesn't believe in God
...believes the only way to show affection is gettin' freaky
...is insecure
...hates kids, animals & old people
...wants to control the way I look, eat, speak, dress, act & think
...doesn't like my friends & family, and they return the sentiment
...is not bright
...is a gorgeous, but vain, man-whore (yep, that one broke my heart the first time)
...hates road trips
...can't hold down a job
...gambles, is a pot-head, or is otherwise addicted
...doesn't like music
...is a liar and a smooth talker
...is city boy
...doesn't like to play sports
...isn't a gentelman and doesn't have manners
...doesn't keep his word
...expects my life to revolve around him & his plans (or lack thereof)
...is a pushover & doesn't speak his mind
...feels like the world owes him something

Ok, you asked for it! I just happened to post this on one of my pissy days. You see, people think I'm totally nuts for wanting to hold out for a guy that's unavailable & who probably doesn't reciprocate my feelings. And, although I'fve always prided myself on not listening to eveyone else, look where that got me last time! Maybe it's time I listen to the people who care about me, because they can see things more clearly than I can. But what are my options in the meantime? The freaky 60+ year old tamale guy? The 60+ year old tennis stalker? The ??+ Vietnam Vet with PTSD? Or better yet, the icky car salesman (again 50-60+)? I mean, it's not like I'm really getting asked out by any prospects I'd actually consider; why not at least convince myself it's ok, because I'm holding out for the best? But, I've been thinking about "fate" or "destiny" and "soul mates". And I think I'm probably the only person I know who actually believes these things exist. And maybe I'm the one who's wrong. It's just that I have settled too many times & for too long to accept anything less anymore. So I guess it's just me, my kid and my cat. I should probably get like 40 more cats so it'll be official. Anyway, I have to go finish watching Reunion so I can live vicariously through others, who hopefully have a Hollywood ending...

8 comments:

Angel22lal said...

WOW.

I'd write more, but then I'd get all philosophical on ya, and I just ain't got time for that today.

Love ya~!

Broken Hubby said...

WOW is right!

Be careful when you are holding up that yard stick. Your soul mate just may seem like Mr. Wrong at first glance. Sometimes, it's necessary to let someone in a little to tell if they truly are right or wrong for you. The key is being able to get close enough to hold up that yard stick without getting to close to say "see ya" if need be. Just my thoughts. But, you know I'm no expert.(LOL)

What.....No Halloween pix??

Talk to you soon...

Amanda said...

I had intended to post a humerous & ironic Mr. Wrong list, but I think I accidentally unleashed my inner beast on this one! Oops! Mike, my problem (ok, one of many!) is that I'm probably the least jugemental person I know & accept everyone with their flaws. This is why I give all the wrong guys the benefit of the doubt, so I try to remind myself ahead of time what I won't put up with. BTW, this list just wasn't lengthy enough, so I edited the post to add a couple more...Oh, and I still have a whole roll of film to take before I can develop pix - my digital took a nose dive on me...hopefully they'll be worth the wait!

Anonymous said...

Hip, hip, Horray!! Hip, hip, Horray!! Hip, hip, Horray!! You go girl!!! Stay with it, & don't settle for less than you deserve, no matter what or who... you know what you will or will not be happy with! If you're not happy with them, how can you make them happy? It doesn't happen. AND only on looking back, does life seem like it is/was exciting..... you know, it isn't a soap opera, so it doesn't have excitement every minute.... Thank Goodness!!! I know I would have worn out, mentally & physically, YEARS ago if it did.

Amanda said...

Well, Mom, you always told me to find my best friend, since that lasts & passion doesn't. (I did mention in my post that I don't listen to others very well, didn't I? LOL) You also taught me that there is no wasted or useless relationship, because with each one, you learn what you do or don't want in a relationship. Now that 30's right around the corner, I'm starting to believe that, espcially when I have physical evidence that my last relationship wasn't a waste! So now that I have a chance to look forward, instead of asking myself how I got here & how I get out, I want to hold out for the right one...now I just want the same for you! Love you!

Anonymous said...

maybe it is just me but that list seemed just fine. i didn't get the idea that it was a pissy based post. i guess i am picky too. when i chose my husband i forgot the i won't take anyone who would make a sailor blush with his foul mouth rule. other than that i really did not do to bad. it would be nice if we had shared faith but that is doable. i think he will come around on that. my list in high school included the rules that he would have to like to watch dirty dancing and had to like board games. since i did not see great rules like that on the list i would say you are just fine.

love you!
p.s. he is out there. maybe he is just locked up right now.
hehe i am so funny!!

Amanda said...

I felt like it came across as a man-hating post, and I'm anything but! You didn't do so bad, Twyla, you know how much I adore your hubby, even if he is a wee bit sarcastic sometimes...actually, that's probably why I like him so much! He sure keeps me on my toes! And, he may be foul-mouthed at home, but he also knows when to be polite (like at work, where everyone thinks he's nice & a good-two-shoes), which is more than I can say for at least one of my exes! Your comment about lock-up is probably too close to home! But that's the old me - no more bad boys; I just want a nice one!

Amanda said...

Kathy - you ROCK! Love you, sis! XOXOXO