


At long last, here are the Halloween pics! I have to say I'm a little disappointed because you really can't see the detail that I added to my dress (by hand-sewing, nonetheless!) or make out my head-piece, but still, you get the point. I've also thrown in a picture of our spastic kitty, Domino, since I promised that in August, when we first got him!
Been super busy working (transcription) and haven't had much time for anything else. So, as much as the men have been pestering me with phone calls, flowers and such, I've been having to decline their many offers...We did manage to go to church Sunday, which makes two weeks in a row! Tyson just about flipped when one of the band members started totally wailing on the electric guitar & people were bouncing up & down like a mosh pit (without the moshing). Next week there will be a potluck afterward. I'm looking into becoming involved in the children's Christmas performance, but there's a 4 hour class I have to take first, and it's on the same day as my friend Susan's daughter, Sophie, is performing the lead in a play here in Ashland, so I think I'm going to see if they offer the class another time. I don't get to do a lot with Susan outside of work, and I adore Sophie! Anyway, that's the latest...still looking forward to Turkey Day in Eureka!
8 comments:
So, as much as the men have been pestering me with phone calls, flowers and such, I've been having to decline their many offers...
You crack me up! Keep on smiling!
These are great Amanda! I just love the combo costume you two did! I didn't dress up this year, but my favorite costume I've worn was my long sweater/jacket with the little cereal boxes safety pinned to it with plastic knives sticking out of them. It took most people a while to get the costume, others probably are still wondering what I was supposed to be (for those who don't want to give it any thought, the costume was a cereal killer).
Someday I'll get back into it all. This year Jenn was a cat, Adam was a soccer player (hey, we'd already packed everything in the house so all he had was his soccer uniform, lol) and Miranda was a pumpkin. I didn't even get pics this year...gosh, I'm such a slacker!
We did look for a gun for Tyson, but when we couldn't find one, we decided it was for the best, since he's have to lug it around while trick or treating all night. What's so funny, Laura? You don't think that's possible? Huh? Huh?!? (JK) As for you, Kathy, this has been a tough year all around & you really need to give yourself a break - you're the mother of three (including a teen & a toddler!) and I have one kid who's at the age where he takes care of himself a lot! This affords me a lot of time for this kind of stuff! It sure was fun! I loved your "cereal killer" costume (even though I didn't get it until you explained it to me). I thought that was very clever of you! Any chance you'll drive up for Thanksgiving?
what a sexpot!! you look so cute! i have never gotten into halloween but i like when other people do. my favorite costume idea is the girl dresses like a brick wall and the boy dresses like a mason. get it? he is the brick layer! ahaha
sorry you are so busy. glad to hear you are going to church. i will hopefully get to really talk to you soon not just post on a blog to you. =)
Twyla, I've been missing you too! I told Gary to tell you hi tonight, and he said he would "if he saw you". I hope you're loving your new job! I think of you guys every time I'm in Eagle Pt./White City, but I still don't know where you live....hmmm...am I missing something here? BTW, yes, I think Tyson is pretty sexy too...LOL
Great pics!!! what a neat idea for costumes! you know you have been sitting on the phone with your pestering men...lol I will be in oregon in 2 weeks!! we need to get together while I am down!
I sure do wish I could be there for Turkey Day. It's so frustrating that I can't! I sooo want to, but know that there is NO way for Randy to take any time off for quite a while. He used all his sick leave for his injury, then used his vacation time for the rest of the time he had to take for medical leave...he even took one week of unpaid time off 'cuz the doc wouldn't release him sooner. I begged for Christmas since it's looking like we'll still not be in the house yet, but he said it'll still be the same problem there too. Ack! If only I didn't mind leaving him alone for the holidays...the kids actually have time off! It's killing me!!!
I know, Kathy, I could hear it in your voice in your message yesterday (so bummed I missed your call)! I suppose my whining doesn't help much, either. Them's the breaks, I guess...when there's nothing you can do, well...I wouldn't consider leaving my hubby for the holidays (if I had one), so I wouldn't dream of asking you to! We will definitely have to just plan Christmas at your house next year like we were doing. Things will be settled then & we can all see the completed project! Just a bummer I won't have Tyson, but that's next year, so who knows what will happen? I MISS YOU!!!!! Hey, BTW, I'm going to email you a pic to change in my profile. I've tried, but I don't know how to "shrink" it down to the limit...Call me soon, ok?
Post a Comment