I've been shirking my duties as a responsible journalist for a whole week, so I suppose it's time to bite the bullet & do the whole "this is what I've been doing" thing...
So, this is what I've been doing:
Monday: All I remember now is watching Prison Break (I just can't get enough!) Oh - I also went to the music store & picked up a guitar string for Tyson's electric guitar & learned how to string it. Got invited to an open mic on Thursday by a guy who works there.
Tuesday: Worked & probably did transcription like the mad woman I've become. Also went to Applebee's for kids' $.99 night; a tad disappointing. Traded in Ty's old Nintendo for a Gamecube game.
Wednesday: More work, more transcription...
Thursday: Tyson wanted to skip the open mic & stay home to play his video game. More work...after watching Reunion, of course!
Friday: After work, Ty & I went back to the music store & played with different instruments (including an electric upright bass, that I'd love to get him, instead of the big old thing he has to lug around). The guy from the store said he was waiting for me to show up Thurusday at the open mic, but I told him he lost out to video games, which he in turn called "The Devil's Box". Rented two movies & fell asleep before the first one even started.
Saturday: Had some friends of Tyson's over & went to see Sophie's play with Susan. She was incredible! I'll be able to say "I knew her when..." Rented Stealth & bought Dodgeball (My Vinnie-baby!!! XOXO)& watched both.
Sunday: Went to the 11:00 church service & the Thanksgiving potluck afterward, then went across the street to see Harry Potter "The Goblet of Fire". Awesome movie! (Very looooooooonng, though.)
Then I got up this morning to do it all again! Actually, this will be a very short week. I get off 1/2 day on Wednesday & am going to lunch with a new co-worker at Senor Sam's, then to pick up Tyson from school. I just got a message from Seth this afternoon (WHY can't he call when he is supposed to?!?) that the plans have changed again & that his mom will be working until 3pm, then leaving to go pick him up in Gold Beach (WHY can't he get his license?!?), where they will stay the night before traveling back here for Thanksgiving. This means that now, even though I took a 1/2 day off of work, I can't leave until after 3pm to drive the 5 hours to Eureka! Grrrr....On the up-side, I picked up two new karoake CD's last night for the trip. One with old country hits, including "The Gambler", "Elvira", "On the Road Again", "Crazy", & two Johnny Cash songs. The other has all kinds of music on it & should have something for everyone. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone.
Well, I suppose I should free up the phone line on the highly unlikely chance that Seth is going to call back at the scheduled time...
2 comments:
Hey- sounds like you're living the life (a loco) isn't there a song like that? So, you certainly have an interesting life, albeit a busy one. Can't wait to see you on Wednesday/Thursday. How long will you be staying here? We'd love to have you stay overnight here on Thursday (since I'm committed to working from 1:30-6:30 and won't get to spend much time visiting... sigh. So, consider staying a night with us - Mark can't wait to get us set up with the music stuff downstairs!
Bless your heart, Mike - a lazy holiday sounds like just the ticket! I will be in touch soon - promise!
Laura - I've pretty much been counting on one night there, so just let me know when! I'll stay at Dad's for sure Wednesday night, but that leaves me open for Thursday or Friday. One of those nights, Dad & I are going to see Walk the Line. It will be nice to hang out with Mark a little. He hasn't really gotten to know me yet, which is a pity, really. I'll enjoy giving him a hard time & welcoming him in the typical Adams fashion...:)
Post a Comment