Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

My docs have been absolutely killing me with transcription! I've gotten pretty good with these guys, because I do their stuff consistently and they use a lot of the same wordage for different patients, but one tape actually took me 2 1/2 hours last night, and since I just had to watch My Name is Earl, that meant I didn't get to bed until 12:15! (Considering that a letter on one patient usually takes me 5-10 minutes, that's a lot of dictating!) It sure will be nice to get paid, though...

I've been having a lot of fun flirting with the delivery guy at work (and the cutie pie at Dutch Bros., and one of our sales reps....) and one of the ladies at the front desk asked him if he found me attractive, and he supposedly said yes (woo-hoo! I think he's pretty normal, too!), but that he's waiting for a girl that he loves to come around. I told him that works out even better, since I'm holding out for my Mr. R., too, so maybe we could be friends who do things together to kill the time while we wait...hey, it might actually work better than dating, since that's not something I really look forward to trying...anyway, we'll see if he takes me up on it. I took a pic of him yesterday, since I'm trying to use up my roll of film with the Halloween pics so I can post them!

Looks like Dad's and my Hometown Buffet Thanksgiving fantasy has been thwarted...I do love the family get-togethers, though, and it's been a while since I was in Eureka. I think I'll bring my karoake machine so we can all jam. It just won't be the same without Kathy there, though (no offense, Laura, I'd just love it if we could all be there)! I'm sure I'll be posting more on that before too long.

Still planning to go to church Sunday & am looking forward to getting to know more people there, so I'll be more comfortable. Krista says they're always looking for musicians, and that would be really awesome. I just feel like it's so important to not only talk to Tyson about God & the Bible, but to expose him to worshipping with others before he gets too much older. He asked me on the way back from church last weekend if I was going to be all religious now, and I replied that I've always been a very religious person, but he just didn't see that side of me a lot, and that I'd still be my same fun self. My beautiful friend, Mahvelous Mahge, taught me that you can talk nasty & have a good time, but still have a close relationship with God. I figure He knows me better than anyone else, so if I tried to hide my true self, that would be pretty pointless.

Well, I'm gonna try to actually get to sleep at a decent time since I'm all done with my transcription for tonight, so signing off until next time...

4 comments:

Angel22lal said...

We can still go to HT if that is your dearest wish... but who's buying?

Amanda said...

M-Too funny! You & I really do think alike! I changed a coworker's MS word spell-check (who was acutally doing the transcription at that time) on April Fool's Day to say "April Fools" every time she'd try to type the word "the". If only the whole transription thing were that easy...BTW, who's the adorable little guy? Is that one of your munchkins? And who's the new guy in your photo? Are these your many identities?

L-Nah, if the fam's getting together already, we may as well party it up at Dad's...The whole Hometown thing was kinda like the two single people (me & dad) batcheloring it out at HT. But we may as well save him the $$, cause we know who'd be footin' the bill, right?

Broken Hubby said...

Yes. These are the many faces of me. This one was taken back in the summer of '74. The one above is a recent shot of me.

Anonymous said...

Waaaaah, it won't be the same without me there for me either! I am going to have the worstest Turkeyday ever...The in-laws will be here and since we're still in the trailers, I'll be calling around to fancy restaurants to see who's doing the day up right to make reservations. Gee, sounds so idealic, huh? lmao. I think I'll take my karaoke machine with me too and jam out by myself...how do you think they'd take it?? rofl. Actually, the kiddos would love it!
I sure wish I could be there instead. Pretend like I am and maybe I can be there through osmosis. ;0)