I have to share a funny from this morning: Seth called to talk about the plans for Thanksgiving, and he finished one of his sentences with "Babe". I said, "Did you just call me Babe? You can't call me that anymore!" We both had a good chuckle over that. Anyway, here's my Top 10 on Tuesday:
10 Things You Like Eating at Thanksgiving Dinner
1) Well, turkey, of course! (White meat only)
2) Olives (one for each finger)
3) Mashed potatoes and gravy (no giblet gravy, Mom, pleeeeaase!)
4) Pumkin pie w/ whip cream
5) My dad's banana pudding with Nilla wafers
6) Apple pie (preferably Dutch apple)
7) Fruit salad with mini marshmallows - no walnuts!
8) Ham
9) Deviled eggs
10) Hmmm...other miscellaneous pies?
4 comments:
No giblet gravy ;-> Just plain..... the giblets are cooking with the turkey this year.... in case Wayne shows up.... he likes them. See you tomorrow!!! BTW, I'm alone for a few days!!! You-know-who got stranded in NV, & I can't find anyone to send money yet. :->
Mom
don't forget the mixture of mashed potatoes, gravy, corn and turkey all together eaten on a well buttered bread roll! that is what thanksgiving is all about.
Thanks for removing the giblets, Mom! Your turkey turned out great!
Twyla: BLECH!! Did I forget to include on the list of weird things about me that my food simply cannot touch? And I bet if you asked Gary, he'd say that Thanksgiving (and Christmas, for that matter!) is all about football! Hope you guys had a nice Turkey Day with the fam!
I'm late commenting, but since your list was almost identical to what I'd have on mine, I revised yours (ewww, pumpkin pie!) and here's mine:
10 Things You Like Eating at Thanksgiving Dinner
1) Well, turkey, of course! (White meat only)
2) Olives (at least one for each finger)
3) Mashed potatoes and gravy (This should be #1 'cuz it's all I'd eat if given the chance)
4) Cherry pie
5) My dad's banana pudding with Nilla wafers
6) Stuffing (Stouffers is good enough for me...leave out the celery and other wierd crunchy stuff!)
7) Fruit salad (no marshmallows or nuts, just whipped cream mixed with pistachio pudding mix, and fruit to make my yummy Napolean Salad)
8) Rolls
9) Deviled eggs (I wouldn't have thought of this for Turkey Day, but sounds yummy to me, so will leave it on my list too)
10) Cranberry Sauce (the smooth canned kind...mmmmmmmm)
Sure wish I could have been there with you guys.
Post a Comment