Search This Blog

Thursday, December 01, 2005

I'm ba-aaaack.....
Sorry I haven't posted in so long (or written to any of you, for that matter! It's really not personal)! I have been totally exhausted since my trip to Eureka.
Thanksgiving was not restful, but definitely enjoyable! I got to spend some quality time with my dad and my niece, Mary, and very little time with my brothers & my mom. We managed to pull off the "First-ever Adams Family Thanksgiving Breakfast" & had all the fixings ready to go by 11:00, which my dad thought would be impossible. My sister, Kathy, called from AZ, where she was having to deal with her monster-in-law being a total snob about her Thanksgiving plans to eat at the local buffet restaurant, even though they're living in a camper until their house is built. I know she really wanted to be with us, and I really wanted her there, too...she stayed on the phone for quite a while, though, and was passed around so she could "visit" with everyone. It seemed a little quiet this year. The only "kids" there were John, Mary & Joey (and they're 18, 16 and 12, or something like that). I really enjoyed seeing everyone, though, and my dad & I went to see Walk the Line on Friday. The theater was so packed that we weren't able to sit together, but we both thought it was one of the best movies we'd ever seen. I'm planning to take Tyson to watch it, too. On Thursday night, after my sister Laura got off work, we jammed out down in the basement with her husband, Mark, who plays the electric bass, and Mary. Unbeknownst to Laura and myself, Mark had set up a recording device before he & Mary had gone upstairs, and of course, at this point, Laura and I were getting a little goofy & making up our own words and such. I haven't heard it yet, and I'm not sure I really want to...Over at my brother Carey's (aka Allen), I video-taped him and my dad singing & playing guitar in his "studio" in the back room. I'm so glad that I finally got them on tape! Tyson said Uncle Allen should be famous & that Grandpa Charlie is "really good for an old guy". (LOL!)

When I showed up to pick Tyson up on Saturday, Seth & his mom were just pulling out of the driveway to head to Gold Beach. It was really good to see Tyson again. Time away from eachother always makes us appreciate how special our relationship is. Seth was supposed to call on Monday, but didn't again, and I think Tyson is really starting to get angry with him, which sucks, because just as my mom had said, he then starts to feel guilty about being angry with his dad. When (and if) Seth calls again, I'm going to tell him what I think of him not calling. I won't include Tyson's feelings in the conversation, but I can tell him what I feel, that's for sure! I just don't see how anyone could turn away from Tyson after knowing what a great kid he is! He just got an award at school yesterday for his sense of humor. Tonight we're planning to go to an all-ages open mic at A St. Marketplace and tomorrow we might end up going to the kids' night at the church, then on Saturday I'm supposed to be an extra in a movie they're making here, Conversations With God. We'll see how many of those things we actually do... Well, they're watching us like a hawk here at work, so I'd better end this for now. I just can't bring myself to post from home these days - I've been so wiped out! Eventually I'll catch up, though, and email all of you that I've been neglecting!

3 comments:

Angel22lal said...

Hey Mandi, I'd sure like a copy of that tape of Dad and Carey. Finally someone has it on tape...! Speaking of tapes.... lol! I still can't believe Mark did that! But it's cool... finally he had some fun... ; )

Amanda said...

Yep, our family really makes it an event when we get together. The funny thing is, 4 of my siblings and both of my parents live in Humboldt County (along with loads of aunts & uncles). I have a sister, Christine, who lives in Tennesee, and another sister, Kathy, who lives in Arizona. I actually have been laying pretty low these days, but have just been wiped out for some reason. I left work early on Friday & went home for a nap, which is really unlike me. Laura, if I can figure out how to record from my video cam, I will most definitely make you a copy of Dad & Carey. (I already know I have to give one to Kathy!) I'll also include Tyson's talent show where he performed Enter Sandman by Metallica & blew everyone away! I'm glad Mark came around & did have some fun. I'm looking forward to hanging out with him again, when there's not all the pressure about the rest of the family to stress him out. Have you & Mary got together to jam out with him yet?

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like you guys ended up having a good time and that's so cool that Mark even joined in. I didn't know he played bass! And he even went so far as to set up a recording device...sneaky, clever guy! Wish I'd thought of that years ago with Dad since he'll never use the gift certificate to the recording studio that we got him for Christmas years ago.
I thought when I called that the "Thanksgiving Breakfast" was actually breakfast...was pretty surprised to hear that it was Turkey Dinner at breakfast time. Too funny! Hey, you could have done Turkey Bacon. ;0)