Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

PHEW!! What a whirlwind it's been since I last posted! I guess it's that slightly frantic time of year for everyone, though, which is probablywhy I haven't had anybody whining that I never blog anymore!

Let's see...I've taken on even more at work (despite my emphatic protests!) and have been doing tons of transcription in Tyson's absence...he's at his dad's until Friday, which is a whole other story that I'm not even sure I have the energy or inclination to write about, but I will say that I finally let him have it a little bit today...I'm all ready for Christmas! All of my cards & presents have been bought & sent, which is a wonderful feeling! Tonight I'll do some baking (during which I intend to drink myself silly & rock out to some loud music to blow off some steam) & tomorrow we do our "Secret Santas" at work. I'm really excited, because I know mine pretty well & burned three CD's in addition to some other stuff (like her favorite cookies that I'll be baking tonight). I did a Parodies CD, an Adam Sandler movie songs & quotes & an 80'2 hair band ballads CD. I think she'll really dig 'em.

Anyway, work is screaming my name again, so all for now...AAAAAAAAaaaaaarrrrgh!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooo........ How soon before you give up your day job?

Baking any Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies? Or do you have the recipe yet? You know, from your childhood.

Amanda said...

Boy, that would be divine, but I don't think that will be anytime soon, unfortunately!

As a matter of fact, that is what I baked last night! Yummy!

Anonymous said...

Yesssssss !!!........ I didn't bake anything except some Banana Nut Bread for the boys & your dad. Haven't even got a tree up...... was going to, then my housekeeper ruptured a disk in her back, & now I am w/o help, so can't even keep up my house, let alone do a Christmas. Have a nice one!!!

BTW, the recipe for that (cookies) and much more are on the CD I sent.

Amanda said...

Well, gee, that's pretty crappy! No tree?!? We bit the bullet & bought a fake one this year - it just makes so much more sense & was a lot cheaper to boot!

I had a sneaking suspicion that's what was on the CD! I put it under the tree to open Christmas morning...I baked cookies for the boys & mailed them, but apparently forgot to put the apt. # for Joe & Deland's! Of course, Carey had already eaten all his, so he couldn't share! What a bummer! I haven't even got the cookies back, although they'd be like a week or more old by the time I did, anyway! Did you get your card & gift that I sent you c/o Dad yet?

Anonymous said...

My tree is fake too, but it is so far back in the storage closet that I can't get to it by myself.

No, I haven't gotten anything yet, but your dad sent me a Christmas card & it took over a week to get here from Eureka, so don't panic.... yet! TIA.

Their apt # is 4, if you don't have it.

Joey is in Central Point for Christmas, with his mother & Heather.