So I have big plans to get stuff taken care of this weekend! Other than some things for Tyson, I only have one more present to get. I finally found my address book so I can send out Christmas cards. I'm making some CDs for my Secret Santa at work, so that will be all taken care of, along with the candles I ordered from the candle party.
Tomorrow after church, we are going to Robbin's (Tyson's surrogate G'ma) for a luncheon & white elephant gift exchange. She goes all out & thinks of all the little details, so I'm sure it will be awesome.
I'm reading Mary Higgins Clark's new book "No Place Like Home" to kill some time until I reach the top of the reserve lists for Diana Gabaldon's newest book in the Outlander series, "Snow & Ashes" (I started at #80 & am now down to something like 48) and Dean Koontz's new sequel to "Odd Thomas", "Forever Odd". I love it when my favorite authors come out with new material. It's like reaquanting yourself with an old friend...
5 comments:
Hey! You said you'd listed some other authors you were telling me about, but I don't see. And of course I don't remember who they were, lol. Oh well, I just got a new Joy Fielding to read and haven't gotten far in John Grisham's "The Broker" yet, so I guess there's still time to discover the others you mentioned. (Or it could have been Diana Gabaldon you'd mentioned to me 'cuz I do recall you talking about the Oulander series...hmmm...).
I'm so jealous of how on top of things you are! I've spent 2 really, really, really long days shopping and still feel like I'm way behind. I guess it's partly 'cuz we're in the trailer so I can't look at what I've already bought and go from there. Ack! As much as I want time to pass quickly so I can into the house, I need it to slow down so I can catch up with Christmas before it's too late!
I say, let Christmas go by quietly... and hide in the corner until it's gone. :-) Ok, so what I really mean is this year it's not gonna be much of a Christmas. But then again, I've always been a bit frustrated with the commercialism of the holiday anyways. I wish we would go back to the times when a chocolate candy bar and a doll (or sled) made it an excellent Christmas!
Merry Christmas ya'll
Nope, these were the only authors we were talking about (besides Iris Johansen)....
I do agree that life should be more about the simple things & the thought and effort behind them, not just at Christmas, but all the time. For instance, I was just talking with a friend today about how women were really screwed out of a good deal when women's lib came along. I mean, a guy treating you like a lady, opening doors, walking on the outside of the sidewalk, putting his coat over a puddle...yes, that last one may be a tad excessive, but it's all about the gesture, and that it made a girl feel treasured and protected!
I think this may just be the last Chrismas that Tyson believes in Santa Claus (sob!), so I really want to make sure it's special, not to mention that it's our first Christmas with just the two of us.
hi amanda! i miss you! i haven't been following your blog too often lately so i was doing a catch up today. i saw you talking about college. in oregon, a university has to accept you as a junior status if you get a 2 year degree from an oregon community college. i went to rogue and like it. small classes and the teachers want to help you. just beware of the old people from the dom. they like to talk and ask stupid questions! that drove me crazy!
i am also excited that we were done with the kids christmas shopping like 2-3 weeks ago. it really allows time to sit back and enjoy the holiday season and not stress about money and time and crowds. i still have to get a couple of things for gary and that is a headache. he is so hard to shop for. i think i will get him some things i like and when he opens them and gets confused, i will tell him i bought him a happy wife for christmas! i am so thoughtful. what man wouldn't want a happy wife??
talk to you soon!
twyla
LOL, Twyla! I gave Tyson $ to shop for me today & sent him off with his G'ma, and he was saying that I'd have the best present ever: a kid who has a lot of stuff he always wanted! I guess great minds really do think alike!
BTW, did you get your candles??
Post a Comment