Search This Blog

Friday, December 09, 2005

I am so disgusted! I know I totally shouldn't be surprised, and really I'm not, but still...

Seth finally called for the first time since Thanksgiving, whining about being sick as his excuse for not calling like he's supposed to on Mondays (or any other frickin' night of the week or weekend, for that matter)! I told him he could tell it to Tyson. First thing Tyson says when he picks up the phone is, "Why haven't you been calling, Dad?" Rest assured I do not point this out & I only talk to Tyson about it if he brings it up, but he has been asking & I just tell him I don't know, because I refuse to make excuses for him. After he talked to Tyson, Seth & I talked so we could go over Christmas details & such, and he informed me that he will be moving in with his new 42-year-old girlfriend, so when Tyson comes to stay a few days over Christmas break, he'll be staying there & have to share his dad's attention, not to mention that he won't have his own room. I insisted that Seth sleep with Tyson while he's there, because as much as Tyson says he wants us to date other people, he hasn't dealt with the reality, and I don't want him to see them going to bed together at night or waking up together in the morning. Why is Seth such a jack-ass? I don't really care if he wants to sleep around (as long as he doesn't expose Tyson to this) but this will be the second woman he's moved in with in the first year (technically six months) since our divorce! Yuck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Double Yuck! Well, I'm sure it won't take long before his new sugar-momma catches on to her role as "mommy" and provider and gets sick of it again. Very sad, especially for Tyson. It's too bad he's too immature to see what he's doing to him. Thank goodness Tyson is as well-adjusted a kid as he is and that he's got as stable a mom to help him through his childhood! It sure makes me grateful for my situation even though Mike's not involved in Jenn's life...it sure beats dealing with an idiot of an ex. BIG HUGS!

Anonymous said...

It is always a surprise when THEY do things that are unexpected, but you will learn how to deal with it..... you have a GOOD start by refusing to make excuses for him. He will have to deal with the reality of his son's lack of respect.... or lie, or change... no matter which he chooses, you are not responsible & Tyson will learn to deal with it... it will make him a better person in the long run.... more tolerant of others & their bad choices. Just don't make the same mistakes..... I don't think you will, but life happens. Love you.
Mom

Amanda said...

I dunno, Kathy, it took me 10 years to catch on! Thanks for the kind words, guys - like I always like to say, if I was in control of the universe, this world would be so much better! (Nothing against the Man who is currently in charge; it just seems like there are so many idiots in charge here on Earth!)

BTW, Mom, did you know that you can create a blogger name so you don't have to show up as anonymous? Also, I know you got frustrated w/ myspace, but have you tried doing a friendster blog? Even I found it really easy to do! I'd really like to see you continue to blog, since it's such a great way for all of us to know what's going on in eachother's lives...