Well, the show must go on, as they say...and so must I. Even though I'm up to my eyeballs, I just wanted to reassure everyone that I'm back on track, at least for now. I'm not going to give up or withdraw from any classes. I'm going to get the bets grades I can & work as hard as possible to do so. And I'm going to have to settle for less than perfect. But, as with most things that haven't gone my way in the past, I will turn the mistakes into learning experiences & hopefully do better the next go-round.
This weekend will be a busy one. Today, I've been working on my Soc final. Tonight, I agreed to go to a womens' social at Becky's g'ma, Greenie's church in Shady Cove. Lisa & I will meet Becky in Shady Cove & we'll all drive out together. Tomorrow, Tyson has an AAU tournament that he needs to be at by 10 am & I think his last game is at 3:45. I'm planning to bring homework along or head home in between games if there's enough time. I won't miss his games, though. It really bothered me that I had to miss so many school games this term, but they always had them during Bio. I guess Sunday's tourney schedule will depend on Saturday's games. I also have a research paper to write this weekend & I haven't even started, although it's worth 40% of my grade!! So, yeah, still freaking out a little bit, but trying to be proactive about it. Anyway, I could go on, but won't bore you with the details. The important thing is that I'll drop off the map for the next week or so to try to get everything done in time, but didn't want to leave you hanging on the depressive note of my last post.
One positive & exciting thing: the Byline editor asked me to do an article on one of the college's new clubs & I was able to pull of the pic, interview, and article by deadline (all done yesterday in between classes)! Vince, my writing instructor & Byline advisor, was editing it last night & said it was a good article & that I had good interviewing skills. The article is supposed to be on the front page. I'll be sure to post a link when it's published. I really had a great time doing it & think it turned out pretty well, too.
2 comments:
That's My Girl!!! I knew you had it in you!! You will do well, as always. Just remember that you can't always be at the top of the heap.... you need to give someone else a turn, or they will get to feeling blue, too........
Looking forward to the link to your next article.... Maybe you will become a newspaper reporter instead of a counselor ;-> .... Never know where we will wind up when we start down the road of life..... only where we intend to go....
Bitchin' Babe! I'm proud of you- but I would be in any choices you make. You go girl!
Post a Comment