Search This Blog

Sunday, March 30, 2008

My birthday was so freakin' awesome! I truly did feel like a princess! While I was getting ready for work, I got a text from my big brother, Allen, wishing me a happy birthday. Then, I walked in to my office, where there was a big birthday balloon from Michele. Next, Darlene walked in & gave me a beautiful necklace. A little later, flowers were delivered to the office from Becky & Lisa (daffodils & tulips). I could feel the love, man! *sniff*

For lunch, we had a huge sandwich bar/potluck. Not only did Dr. England make the pumpkin roll (and an extra one for me to take home!), but Darlene also made me a cherry crisp thingy that I'm always begging her to make. Everybody at work had signed a going away card for me. Naturally, I got absolutely nothing done that pertained to work in any way, shape or form all day, & then I cut out early so I could go pick Lance up, cause he was going to be able to make it (hurray!).

Lance & I came back & got ready at my place, where we toasted "to being a princess" (his idea) over shots of Jägermeister, which I'd never tried before, but wasn't half bad. (During this time, I also got a call from my dad & my Aunt Linda, to wish me a happy birthday.) Lisa came by to pick us up & we stopped off to pick up Terri before heading over to the 4 Daughters (aka 3 Sisters, 5 Uncles, or whatever you wanna call it). By the time we arrived, I'd guess there were about 11 or so people there besides us. We had to rearrange the couches to accomodate everyone, & there was still a lot of lap-sitting (although some of that was optional, of course!). At 9 pm, the band started playing some pretty decent classic rock covers & we got our groove on. The way the place was set up, the party upstairs on the couches by the bar could see us dancing downstairs on TV. So...I'm pretty sure they were thoroughly amused.

Around 10 or so, it was time to go to Chadwick's for some karaoke! We lost some of the group in transit, but gained others who hadn't been at the Pub. Samantha came with her friend, Christy, & we sang a song together. I also did a song with Tobyn & "Under the Boardwalk" by myself (trust me, it was nothing to be particularly proud of, but it was my birthday & I was a princess, so...)

Then, Lance did the sweetest thing EVER: they called him up for his song & he pulled me onstage with him & sat me on the chair in front of him, where he proceeded to serenade me with "You Are So Beautiful" by Joe Cocker (which I had noted on this blog a year or two ago was one of THE most romantic songs ever)! After giggling like a complete idiot for a minute from being nervous, I sat there & just soaked in the moment. It was the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for me. And to do it in front of all my friends that he hardly knows on top of it. Talk about "legendary"... (this one rates a really long *siiiiiiiiiiiiigh*)

Of course, nothing could top that, but the rest of the night was still fabulous, being surrounded by friends. Today, Tyson & I picked up Allen & took him out to Shari's for breakfast. Afterward, we drove around looking for the building where we'll have our first class in the morning! We both start at 9, so I'm going to pick him up on the way. I'm so excited! I just know that 32 is going to rock!

Here's a link to the Picasa albumn:

1 comment:

Angel22lal said...

AWWWWWWWWW..... I can feel the love from here! How freakin' awesome to be serenaded- in public of all places ---- wow, Lance gets 5 points on this one. Glad you had a great birthday... it only gets better from here!
Love ya!