Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Work sucked the big one today. I'm burnt out; I'm feeling sad about leaving on the one hand & grateful on the other. I'm sick of training & feeling like I'm accomplishing nothing.

Then there's the issue of the vest. We have these incredibly cheesy & tacky "smocks" that they make us wear. I've always rebelled against these, because #1 I'm a bookkeeper, not a Wal-Mart attendant or a nurse, for that matter, and #2 did I mention they are tacky? Anyway, I digress...I haven't been wearing mine more than usual these days, since giving my notice. I figure, what does it matter at this point, ya know?! (Translates into "What are they gonna do, fire me?") So I get an email from the administrator at 3:30 pm requesting me to wear the vest! You know what I think? I got the email immediately after one of the docs came in from surgery. I think he saw my cleavage, got all hot & bothered, and needed me to cover it up before he lost all composure - but that's just my guess.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Amanda!!!! SHAME ON YOU!!!! (You are probably right, BTW.) But even if you're not, it still helps to make it easier to swallow to think so.... What can they do? Give you a poor (recommendation), if asked for one by a possible future employer, that's all.... Be careful, you never know until too late what you've done to yourself. Isn't hindsight great?

What's happening with your schooling?

Amanda said...

No, Mom, shame on YOU!!! "Easier to swallow"...? (Sorry, but I absolutely couldn't let that one slide.) *snicker, snicker*

Ok, but seriously, Mom, when have you EVER known me to burn a bridge? I'm not about to start. I've given these guys almost 6 years of the best A/R they've ever seen, as well as "flawless" (per Dr. Epstein) transcription. And besides, everyone in that office loves me. Just because I rebel a little regarding a stupid little vest or by having a somewhat pissy attitude, it's not going to ruin any future recommendations for myself. Having a somewhat flippant attitude about it all just helps to get me through the transition. But, being as you ARE my mother, I will allow you to be concerned & chastise me...

Tuition's paid for, I'm registered for my classes, & I got the schedule I wanted. I've been stressing somewhat on the money issue due to some snafus with scholarships, but my plan is to pick up more transcription, since that's something I already do & can work around the rest of my schedule. In the meantime, I'm still applying for grants & scholarships.

So don't worry about your baby, Mom! I'm the "responsible" & "dependable" one, remember? (I always hated it when you said that, but those traits do come in handy from time to time...)

Angel22lal said...

You two are disgusting! Swallow - ha!.... I know where your minds are at! And who says YOU are the "responsible and dependable one"? I thought that was my lot in life..... and yeah it sucks!

As for the cleavage- of course Mr. Doc got all hot and bothered, don't all men when they notice these things? Even when they aren't as well displayed as yours are... lol!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ahahaha! It's probably not wise to say this, but you two crack me up!

Angel22lal said...

Kilroy, this is the two mellower ones of the group..... you just wait! It gets worse! LOL

Amanda said...

Yeesh, Laura - just give away all my secrets, why dontcha? I was planning to lure him in further before I busted out the skeletons! And, besides, that's gotta be the first time I've EVER been accused of being one of the mellow ones of the fam, heh, heh...

Kathy said...

ROFL at this conversation. I can't even remember anything about the original post due to the whole swallowing comment. Mom, I can't believe you'd talk to your kids that way...oh wait, yes I can. I remember those conversations, lol.
Yeah, my guess is that it was the cleavage, which I have to admit is better hidden while at work (leave 'em wanting more), but it would be nice if they came up with something nicer than the smocks, especially for the back office people.
And Amanda, we all know that Christine is the wildest one of the bunch (she just pretends that she's not)! ;0)