Search This Blog

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Sorry I haven't been blogging much the past few days - I've been hanging out with "The Guy" a lot (which has been pretty awesome!). Other than that, not really too much has been going on.

I finally got my previous Psych grade rescinded for the new "A+" (yes, that's an A+!), so now I'll be able to apply for a lot more scholarships that I couldn't before, due to having such a low GPA. I also spoke with the bank & with the financial aid office today & got confirmation that my Stafford Loan application is being processed. My tuition & books are all paid for & I'm ready to start on Monday at 9 a.m.!!! I feel really positive about the whole transition & can see it all falling into place, but not a moment too soon! Also, the administrator asked if I could come in after my Friday class to continue to help with training & has been putting the word out that I'm looking to pick up additional transcription work.

Speaking of work, they surprised me a day early with a birthday cake & card. I guess tomorrow they're planning a sandwich bar & Dr. England has guaranteed the pumpkin spice/cream cheese roll. And then, of course, there will be the PARTY! I hope "The Guy" feels better so he can come, too...He's been pretty sickly the last couple of days.

I had a surprisingly good conversation with Seth today (I was hoping he'd be able to take Tyson tomorrow night, but that didn't pan out). He actually has another job lined up already! Ty's grandpa & Aunt Emily picked him up for a play today. As much as I have mixed feelings (ok, generally negative feelings, if we're being completely honest, here) about Seth's dad, I am glad that he's making an effort to spend time with him. Tyson has some pretty mixed feelings, himself, but told me a couple of days ago that he felt like it was important to spend time with his grandpa because he knows these are probably his last years.

Anyway, that's the latest and greatest around these parts. I'd better get back to work!

4 comments:

Angel22lal said...

Yeah!!!!!!! She's bloggin again.... Guess what Mark got us? Hee heee......... hint, I'm online at home typing this! Love ya! Glad things are still on the upside with "That guy"....... I'm totally excited that you are getting the financial aid! I'm not a bit surprised at the A+ grade tho'....... it's in our jeans... ooopss... Genes.... LOL

Amanda said...

Laura, that's so cool you're finally back online! I'm stoked for you!

Kathy said...

YEAH Amanda! A+ is just awesome, but you didn't mention the total score (probably mentioned in an earlier post though). It's more like an A+++! WOOHOO!!

So, do you have Tyson set up for something for tomorrow night?
How cool that they threw the party for you early. Did you tell them that they still weren't the first to wish you a happy birthday though? Teeheehee. I'm so glad that they appreciate you. Did you find someone to play videographer / photographer for tomorrow?
I'll be there in spirit (and be sure to sing "Imagine" for me).

P.S. Laura? You're online at home now too? Not just the awesome laptop, but online service?

Amanda said...

I was actually logging back in to edit my previous post to include a tribute to your beautiful, albeit premature, birthday serenade, Kathy!! That's too funny! And I have no doubt that you'd be here if you could...

I just got the confirmation that Ty can stay with his buddy, Zach, tomorrow, so that worked out well. I figure I'll bring my camera & video camera & kinda pass it around. Sometimes it's more fun that way - you don't just get one person's perspective. Lisa said that she'll stay sober & make sure I don't lose them.