Yeeeeeeeeeeeee-haaaaaaaaaaawww!! Dad, that's SO cool that you stopped by & left a comment! Mom, I know you read this, too, so feel free to comment, too! Sorry, guys, for holding out on my posts! I know how much you all live for my non-life details! Really, there hasn't been too much to report. Hmmmm...
Last Friday, Terri & Brian were celebrating their 23rd anniversary, so we were off to Chadwicks. Kristin & Lauren (I'm not sure how he spells his name - I'll have to ask) showed up, plus Twyla (Gary stayed home with the kids) & Pat & his wife, along with Terri's sister & brother-in-law. I had the karaoke guy give this whole mushy romantic intro to my dedication to Brian & Terri: Jimmy Buffet's "Why Don't We Get Drunk & Screw". They loved it. Kristin & I are thinking we need to check out some new places the next time I have the opportunity to go out, which might be a while now that Ty's coming home on Friday! I can't wait to see him!
Aunt Linda & Nissa (with her two adorable daughters!) stopped by last night on their way to Eureka & stayed the night. We had some pizza & cake & ice cream for Nissa's 32nd birthday, then played the piano (Dr. England gave me some church songbooks that I grew up with, so I finally have some sheet music, and it's stuff I grew up playing, so it's a little less rusty) & did some karaoke. Around 11 pm, we all started turning in & Nissa turned to me in her little mischevious way & asked how late I'd be up. After she laid the girls down, she crawled into bed & we talked until 1:30 this morning, even though I had to get up at 6:30! I was pretty wasted today at work, but I figured that it was worth it, since we haven't been able to spend time together like that in years! Anyway, it was great to see them all & especially nice to reconnect with Nissa after all this time. I ended up coming home a little early from work today & falling asleep by the pool.
Dave (my friend who sold me the jeep) called me & told me that he might know someone who wants to buy my jeep, so I asked him to pass on my number this afternoon & hopefully I'll be able to work something out with this guy. I'm seriously thinking about leasing this time around, after looking at all the pros & cons & where I'm at in my life right now. It would mean lower payments & less commitment/debt. I'll miss the jeep, for sure, but not so much once summer's over & the rain & snow start back up.
One final thing to note: we're going camping with Krista & Dustin on Labor Day weekend (and probably about 50 other people) over on the coast, where they have this great big area with cabins, a huge bonfire area & a stage. Dustin's whole family will be there & I'm looking forward to jamming out again with his dad. It will be such a blast & a great way to wrap up the summer!
4 comments:
Oooh, how fun! Are you guys staying at the cabins in GB where we had our scrapbooking/marguarita party? That was a blast and such a beautiful place!
I'm so jealous that Dad and Mom visit your blog. Neither even check in at mine. :0( They love you more! WAAAHHHHH! lol, jk
The visit with Aunt Linda and Nissa sounds awesome. It's been FOREVER since I've seen Nissa! I'd love to see her again. Maybe she and Linda will come out to AZ to visit. Aunt Linda did a few years back and we went up to (Aunt?) Kathy's sister's ranch and hung out with her for the day. It was really nice!
What a perfect song choice for someone's anniversary! LMAO!!! LOVE IT!
WELCOME HOME TYSON!!!
Nope (but that WAS fun)! We're staying up the river, where they actually hold the Outdoor Ed camps. As far as Mom & Dad visiting my blog more, it probably just boils down to the fact that they worry more about me, since you've got your life in order, lol!
i would guess that loren would spell his name the boy way. lauren is typically the female spelling of the name. i love that name for a boy and thought for a long time that i would own a loren someday. gary didn't care much for it so i didn't get to have that one.
i am excited to hear tyson will be is safe hands once more. =)
You are correct! I asked Kristin how he spelled it on Friday. I'm sorry you didn't get your Loren - maybe by some crazy stroke of "luck", your tubal will prove to be unsuccessful & you could still have a Loren...:)-
Hallelujah & Amen to Tyson being home safe! Now I just have to de-brainwash him & things can get back to normal...
Post a Comment