I got a call at work from Tyson on Thursday morning. He said that his dad had broken up with his girlfriend, so they were staying with Seth's mom, where there is no phone & no reception for Tyson's cell. Tyson also told me that Seth had gone out to the bar the night before & ended up at some party where he was "mugged" (aka "jumped") by three guys & ended up going to the hospital, where he was treated for several cuts & a sprained neck. Tyson started crying & saying that he felt bad for what his dad had to go through. It just makes me sick that he has to see all the chaos that Seth creates for himself & insists on playing the victim in. I asked Tyson if he wanted me to come get him & he insisted on staying to take care of his dad. He said that, if anything, he'd want to stay longer now. I told him that I wouldn't allow him to miss school & that Seth's mom would take good care of him. I haven't heard back from Tyson since & I can't call him, so I just don't know what to do.
On a lighter note, I was finally able to get the piano on Monday after work, with the help of one of the doctors, a co-worker & a co-worker's husband. I had to rent a trailer & Brian towed it with their Durango. The piano itself is in great shape. It's a dark wood & has some very pretty details, but is missing some of the ivory on a few keys. It seems to be pretty well tuned, though. I need to get more sheet music so I can start playing a little more. Most of the sheet music I have any more is for guitar or is really hard, so I'll go to the library soon & look for some simple music that I can start with.
Yesterday, we were all able to leave work early & go to a potluck at one of the doctor's houses. When we were there, I talked Gary & Twyla into going out to karaoke/comedy with me, since their kids were staying with Twyla's mom overnight. That was a lot of fun. The comedian was really good. There wasn't a big crowd, so I got to sing a lot, but my guy never showed up. We still had a great time.
Samantha is on her way over now so that we can hang out at my place & do some karaoke. I think she'll be surprised to find out that I have "Nobody" on karaoke (thanks to burning the disc that I got Kathy for her birthday when she was here). That was one of the songs that Samantha & I used to sing on the back of the bus when we were kids.
The camping trip is still on, as far as I've heard. I think I'll actually go now & try to call Krista before Samantha gets here.
3 comments:
OMG! I kept feeling like I should call you and see what was going on with you this weekend...now I know why! Can things get any crazier? Poor Tyson having to see the life Seth sets up for himself first-hand. That just sucks!!!
So the camping trip is back on? Was that this weekend or future plans?
Karaoke is always fun, even if your guy isn't there to impress with your singing. So was Samantha surprised that you had Nobody? It's so funny that that was such a staple song for our childhood memories of singing it with friends. We sang it after church volleyball practices. What a fun song (and nice that it's in a good range!)
I'm so glad you finally got the piano! I was starting to worry that you'd miss out on it and it would be given to someone else. Woohoo!
And now I must go to bed...early and stressful day tomorrow, Miranda's first day of school. Boohoooohoooo! I can't believe she's already starting! :0(
I posted on all the other stuff, but in reply to the question about Samantha, I think she was surprised. She was also surprised that she remembered all the words! (This was the karaoke CD I burned, so it doesn't display the words like most of them.) We had a really great time & our voices are really well matched in range. I wasn't sure until about 1/2 hour before the deadline if I was going to get the piano, so I'm very grateful! I can't believe that Miranda's in preschool!! Does that mean she is potty trained now?
Yep, she's potty-trained when she's not being lazy about it. She stays dry during naps and overnight though. She still just goes in her panties occasionally and just tells me matter-of-factly that she did. Grrrr...but she's doing much, much better. Being in school should be the final factor in potty-training since big school-girls never go in their pants!
Post a Comment