Still not much to post, but I do feel that it's my duty to keep my readers abreast of current events in my life...
I got my digital camera & have been reading up on it more than doing any experimenting, yet. I can't wait until the leaves start to change colors - I'll take the camera to Lithia Park. The colors there are absolutely fantastic!
I went to dinner with Kristin & Loren (yep - finally asked how to spell it) last night at the Outback Steakhouse. I've never been there before, since I don't like red meat, but MAN, their chicken & veggies are to die for! The Bloomin' Onion appetizer is really yummy, too. I ordered a strawberry margerita, which was good, but Kristin got their Wallabe Darned or something like that, which is a frozen peachy drink & it was delicious! It was Loren's birthday. We're planning to get together today so that Loren can play some basketball with Tyson & then we'll have dinner & rent a movie.
I really appreciate any help I can get from good guys that wouldn't mind spending time with Tyson. I feel like, if I can have positive male role models in his life, I won't be concerned with hooking up with one, myself. My friend, Susan, played a part in this decision with a wise statement she made at work, in reference to my concerns about Tyson being so desperate for me to bring a man into his life & my thoughts that having a man around might make parenting easier: "Amanda, men don't want to discipline your son. They just want to get in your pants." Now, I'm sure that there are some good guys out there (maybe even some that aren't already married) but, for the most part, this statement rings true. I've also deduced that men tend to be very shallow & go for skinny blondes, neither of which would describe me. And if a guy can't appreciate all of the wonderful qualities that I have because they're too hung up on the physical aspect of things, I have no problem continuing to be a single mom. So I am now officially back on the wagon & focusing my efforts on recruiting the good guys that I know to be a part of Tyson's life.
5 comments:
Dear Amanda,
Don't get discouraged about men...though they like sex, they are human and do have feelings and care about things besides just getting in your pants. The general rule is if you save your self for marriage, they'll eventually ask you to marry them... obviously they would know you very well by then. (There's a saying that fits here that goes, "Why buy the cow if you can get the milk for free?" Meaning, if you give them what they want without any commitment, then why would they bother to make a commitment?)
Don't date a guy or even marry them on Tyson's account, but rather on your own account. Tyson is the benefactor of ,not the reason for, a union of love. If you have a healthy marriage, that will be a lesson to your son in and of itself. He will learn how to be a great man, husband, friend, provider, etc... by seeing a man do this for you and beholding first hand how it blesses a woman who can respect her husband. Choose a man you can grow old with, who will be a great friend and who you can respectly follow/ support in decision making. Someone you can submit to without being a meekly mouse, who will listen to your input and still be a man, unafraid to make the tough final decisions. He doesn't have to be perfect, but if he loves God, you've got a keeper!
Just my opinion...but I've found it pretty successful. Love you!
Oh sure, Christine covers the man advice and I'm posting a reply about that yummy peach drink at Outback Steakhouse...go figure, lol. That drink is yummy though...I've had it there. I didn't think I'd like it but the waiter talked me into trying it. I think I may have even had a second one. The blooming onions are soooo gross! I know that's what they're known for, but ewwww, the grease! Maybe we just got a really bad one. Most people love them. Next time you're there, try the ribs. OMG, they are EXCELLENT!!! I think the only ones I've had that compare would be in Anchorage, AK (but can't remember the name of the place...maybe the Sourdough Mining Company?, but I think it was somewhere else). Anyway, their ribs are to die for. We hardly ever go there 'cuz it's so $$$, but oh those ribs are worth it!
Hey, I'm just happy to have feedback! Funny, Christine - for the different lives we lead & different personalities we have, between the hairstyle & the philosphy on men & pre-marital sex, I guess we're not so different after all! It is my plan to do things right this time around, since it didn't work out so well for me the other way...I figure if nothing else, I will weed out those who are just looking for a good time!
And, Kathy - the Bloomin' Onion was incredibly greasy, but tasty enough to warrant the grease!
i am with kathy. the blooming onion is yucky. which suprised me because i love onions but i can not stand the batter they put on those things. ick!
see you at science works on thursday!
BTW, you(I) have a cousin by the name of Loren Morse. He lives in SL, UT. & works with the broadcasting co. that does the LDS Conference. He works in the video section. Is several years younger than I am.
Post a Comment