Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I suppose it's been long enough that my public is thirsty for more (naturally)! All right, well...Tyson is enjoying school, even though he went in expecting not to. He says that now that last year's 5th graders are gone, he just might be the best basketball player in the school. We're still having issues with transportation, but at least he has a cell phone, now, so that we can communicate if he's stuck somewhere. My date for Saturday got cancelled (thank goodness!) since he had to pack & move. We haven't rescheduled yet & I think I'm going to try to blow him off - it's just too awkward. I really did like the guy I met camping & we had a couple of (very short & frustrating!) calls over the weekend, but I don't know where that will go, if anywhere. I'm back to being ok with being single for now, anyway. I plan to go up to Eugene this weekend for a BBQ at Krista's. I haven't been there since Ty was just a baby, so it'll be cool to go back. I've had a lot of fun in that town & it'll be nice to see Krista & Dustin's new place.

I booked a trip to Hollywood for Tyson & me. It will be the week before Thanksgiving, so that I'll only have to take three days' vacation & I'll get 10 consecutive days off! I'm SO excited & so is Tyson. At bedtime, he's like, "Mom, tell me again about Hollywood!" It's so cute to see him excited about something again! It seems like he's always "cool" & "bored" anymore, and I know it's just going to get worse! I'm grateful that he has made friends with two boys in the complex that have single moms, too. They also like to skateboard & they both have good relationships with their moms. Kane called his mom to ask if he could come to the skate park with us the other day & I heard him say, "Thank you, Mom. Thank you SO much! I really appreciate it!" That was refreshing!

Anyway, I guess I should get on the transcription I have, so that I can watch Grey's Anatomy tonight. Season premiere next Thursday!

No comments: