Well, we were too late for the horse races, so we went to see Over the Hedge, which was pretty good. The next two movies on my list to see in the theater are X3 & Click, with Adam Sandler (of course)!
I called Mr. V back today, in response to a voicemail at work inviting me to lunch & (I hope) politely told him that, although I was flattered by his invitation, I'd prefer to keep our friendship on the baseball field. I hope I handled it ok. Another lesson learned: Just say no the first time, instead of figuring out how to get out of it later! I've also been toying with the idea of getting a fake wedding ring to deter the kind of guys I attract. I don't seem to have any luck with the guys I like, anyway, so I'm not worried about deterring them. (Side note: the church guy ended up being a sleaze - well, to be fair, I suppose he's sowing his wild oats after a long marriage, but I don't even want to go there - ick!)
I've missed a lot of work lately, so I spent today doing my best to catch up. I also had a voicemail from Seth from yesterday (while I was at an all-day billing seminar) that "we need to talk" & he sounded pissed off. I tried three times (in the middle of my already slammed day) to call him, but there was no answer & they don't have a machine. I went over to Krista's tonight, since I'm trying to spend any extra time with her before she moves, & we went for a walk. I came home to another message from Seth, saying that I "never" answer my phone at work & again, "we need to talk". I tried calling him back, but got no answer again. So now I'm already on edge just wondering what we need to talk about. What have I done now to piss him off? I guess I'll find out soon enough...Hopefully it won't result in yet another arguement. I'm so sick of fighting - isn't that why we got divorced?
On a happier note, Tyson's orchestra concert is on Thursday night. He has one more big project to finish (the one on Michael Jordan) before school ends. We are both so burnt out right now that it will be really nice once he's out of school! I'm also looking forward to my sister's upcoming trip from AZ!! And, yes, I'm thinking about finally making the trip to Eureka this weekend, since we have a three day weekend & my bro has generously offered to help out w/ gas for the jeep, if I'll just come visit!
Well, I'm really wound tight from just finishing my transcription & stressing over Seth's ominous phone call, so I'm going to try to find something on TV to put me to sleep. Good night!
1 comment:
Yikes! I wonder what has Seth all po'd this time...gah, the wait alone to find out would make me a complete basket-case. I hope you guys finally got ahold of each other and resolved whatever it was!
Too bad about Mr. V and the guy from church. They just weren't the one...he's out there somewhere, really! Don't do the ring thing though, that's when you KNOW that THE ONE would show up and give up.
Be prepared with karaoke cd's if you're going to Eureka. Sounds like Polly's there and sounds like she's always up for karaoke! ;0)
I still don't have a clue when I'm coming out there. Not sure if Dad's gonna make it to OK anytime real soon after all, so that frees up June if I can get my car fixed enough to make the trip (AC and the loud noise in the engine, as well as an oil leak). Heck, I haven't even planned Miranda's bday party and it should be this weekend! (but will most likely make it June 4th to give myself a little more time to figure out what to do for it...now if the little stinker would quit hounding me daily about her bday!)
Post a Comment