Search This Blog

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Well, I like Kathy's idea of Mr. Right (now)! I really would just settle for the summer romance & some casual dating. I was married for long enough that I'm not in a huge hurry to do that again (although I do want to, someday). I'm just sick of being told that I'm too nice, which is why I attract the guys I do - that are normally to insecure to ask someone out - or that I'm intimidating & that's why normal guys don't ask me out. Like, which one is it?!? Anyway, I'm over it again for now. There are definitely worse things in life than being a single mom to a great kid, who has a decent job & lives in one of the most beautiful places on earth. Sometimes I just have to remind myself that just because the grass is always greener on the other side, doesn't mean it's not okay over here, too!

I made sure to sit by a couple of other baseball parents at today's game & gave short, friendly replies in passing to the baseball dad who asked me out (aka Mr. Viagra). Um, BTW, it's funny, because I told Tyson about it & he asked, "Are you sure that's his dad? I always thought it was his grandpa!" We brought a kid home with us from baseball, who is potentially going to be the lead guitar for Tyson's band, so I'm thinking about taking them to do something fun, like movies, bowling, skating or the horse races. I'll end this for now, since there's really nothing new to report.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, one of my favorite sayings is one someone was using as a signature on my Crater '88 board: "The Grass is Always Greener Where You Tend It". That was such a profound revelation and you really do tend to your relationship with Tyson and now (finally!) to yourself. That's the way it should be and it really shows!
LMAO, I know how you feel about the "too nice, and attract the guys who're usually too insecure to ask someone out" thing...That's how I ended up with my date for Jr. Prom. I had planned on going with someone I really liked, but several of these "she's too nice to turn me down" guys asked me and when I told them I'd have to get back to them, one of them immediately got a tux and came and told me what colors we were wearing. So much for the guy who'd finally asked me out after months of my flirting with him! Ack!! It was a nightmare too and I'm still mad at the guy that just assumed that I was his date!
Anyway, it's funny that Tyson was asking about the viagra guy...I was wondering about that myself. You mentioned that he was in his 50's, but a dad of one of the kids and I got to thinking how odd that is...I mean, Randy feels like he's an "old" parent and he's barely into his 40s. Maybe it really is the dad and he just looks older than he is? Any chance? lol

Amanda said...

I guess we're just doomed to be the nice girls that the insecure ones prey upon, Kathy! It's so nice to know I'm not alone! I love that saying & I've never heard it before, so I'll have to use it from now on. BTW, Randy has a long way to go before being an old dad - especially by Ashland standards. Most of the parents of Tyson's age group are 50's and older. It's weird! Regarding Mr. V., either way, he's still not for me - whether he is an old fogey or just looks like one!