Well, Tyson is staying the night with his Dad at his Aunt Traci's house tonight. I hadn't heard from him at all until last night at 9:00, when he pulled into town. I chewed him out, because I hadn't heard from him since he'd mentioned coming down, and he was like, "Well, I said that I was coming, didn't I?" HA! As if he has always done what he says he's going to. Then he started whining..."I've had a lot going on...I've been in & out of the emergency room & have to have surgery on my arm..." yadda, yadda, yadda. I scoffed,"The E.R.? Come on!" Well, I found out from his mom today that he actually was telling the truth (uh...oops! My bad!), although this wouldn't be the first time(or the last, I'm sure) that she's lied for him. Anyway, I made nice & all that crap.
I've been trying to figure out what I'm going to do with Tyson this summer. I did sign him up for a week-long summer camp through the YMCA, where he'll get to camp out in tipis (which I always thought was spelled "tee-pees") & ride horses & do archery, fish, raft, etc. I also found a Michael Jordan basketball camp that I would LOVE to be able to send him to!! He got so excited. MJ actually is there with the kids, giving lectures & lessons 4 out of the 5 days. It would be the experience of a lifetime for Tyson. First of all, with basketball being "his" sport and second, meeting his hero. Before I even found this camp, he was doing a report for this big 5th grade project on a notable character, and he chose Michael Jordan. Anyway, it's $750 & in Santa Barbara, but if there is any way I can send him, I will!
I don't think I've mentioned this on my blog yet, but Dustin & Krista sold their house & are moving to Eugene, where Dustin received an incredible job offer, complete with medical, dental & vision for the entire family, plus his bro & sis-in-law & their kids are up there, along with Krista's parents. I just know I'm REALLY going to miss them! Other than them, I don't have anyone else here except for friends I've met through work or Tyson's school/sports. I went to their place last weekend, when Tyson had a sleepover, and we went to a BBQ at their neighbors', where I was re-introduced to a very cute guy from church, whom I mistakenly thought was married, so I never looked twice at! (Okay, maybe I looked twice at him, but that was it. Married = off-limits!) Since I've stopped going to church out there, I think the next time I see him will be at Krista & Dustin's going away party. We're going to try & have Dustin's dad & his band come down & do a garage performance in their cul-de-sac (after checking the local regulations on that) & have a block party/BBQ/campout. When I lived in Gold Beach, I jammed with Dustin's dad & co. several times. He is an incredibly talented guitarist, so I'm hoping it can all work out, but it will be fun, either way.
Not much is going on for me personally; I'm in one of those slumps again, I guess, where it seems like my life revolves around Tyson & making money, with not much else to do. Of course, it's the end of the school year, & it always seems like they save everything for this mad rush at the end, so between that, baseball & work, I'll have my hands full. I think I'm just ready to be swept off my feet for a summer romance...of course, with my track record, I always have to be careful of what I wish for, or all the circus freaks will start knocking on my door again. Why am I cursed to attract only the weirdos? I'm aware that this question is redundant, but I still haven't figured out the answer or been proven wrong...
5 comments:
hey amanda. it is good to know that you are still alive! why are you not going to church in white city anymore? just being nosey! i thought you loved it.
i will keep my fingers crossed for a freak-free summer romance!
Just remember, the longer and harder you dwell on the idea of "Mr. Right", the more your standards get lowered. That is to say, the more you look, the less right he needs to be, and you deserve better than that.
On a lighter note. According to Webster, A conical shapped dweling constructed of animal skin streched over wooden poles is called a TEPEE. The spelling "tipi" is most likely how it is spelled in one of the many native tribal languages. I think it is kinda' like spelling "we" with an "oui". Am I rambling? I guess boredom is takeing it's toll on me.
O. Did you get the e-mails I sent you from my AOL address while Yahoo was not working? I wasen't shure if I got your long ass address right. I had to type it in from memory.
Yeah! I have readers again! (Besides Kathy, LOL!) And, Mike, I can't even begin to tell you how good it is to know that you're one of them! Ok, I'll answer these in order:
Twyla - Yep, I'm still here & we definitely need to hang out & do something! I'm thinking BBQ... maybe the boys (that includes Gary, BTW) can get together & shoot some hoops at the park or something. And don't forget, I'm having my own candle party on 5/31 @ 6:30 (Hall Show)...There were a couple of things that didn't feel right about church, although I really did love a lot of things about it. To safely avoid offending anyone, I'll just tell you that the main thing is that I realized that, after attending for at least 6 months & teaching Sunday School, the pastors still didn't know my name, and the congregation was way too small to warrant that.
Laura - My Mr. Right would have to be weird, for sure, but in a GOOD way, not like the ones I seem to attract!
Michael - You are sounding awfully wise these days & I always love it when you say I deserve the best; I happen to agree, which is why I think it's been 17+ months since my seperation & I haven't had a single boyfriend/date. But I am starting to wonder if that's a little weird, not to mention that it gets old from time to time, feeling like I have no life outside of the kid. And, as far as the spelling of tipi/teepee, I find that educational & very interesting. You know I love words & their origins. If this is what happens when you get to stay home, you can count me in!(Ok, so I've been looking for any excuse, already...) Any word on when you can return to work, yet? And, yes, I did get your emails & responded to them (I thought all of them...?), so you musta remembered alright! When are you going to post on your blog?!?
But seriously- There is NO Mr. Right, just Mr. Right for you. (or me for that matter!!!)
Umm, I think Laura meant to say:
But seriously- There is NO Mr. Right, just Mr. Right Now (so enjoy that summer romance!).
;0)
Post a Comment