Search This Blog

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sure enough, Tyson brought me breakfast in bed for Mother's Day. Afterward, I called my mom & had a nice long talk with her. I think that was the extent of the celebration, which is perfect as far as I'm concerned.

I did my Media/Communications class presentation and I think it went pretty well. We haven't gotten our grades back on it yet. One of the other three students never met with us to do any work on the essay or presentation, so we had to politely explain to her that she couldn't present with us. We had all tried to include her in our emails & meetings & she never responded, so we were a little surprised when she replied to our email asking her not to prsent with us saying that she was "hurt." That very same week, she copied & pasted one of my other team members' weekly post online for an assigment! I felt a little less bad after that happened.

My other classes have been going well, except for the fact that I didn't attend all of them last week. I caught some cough/chest thing that Tyson had & it's been really doing a number on me. I'm going on two weeks now & it's still pretty bad.

Last weekend I went to Heather's baby shower, which was a potluck BBQ at a park in Medford. There were a bunch of people there I didn't know, but Mary & Matt came, Allen came with me, and Mindy & Brandon were there of course. Heather was a little cranky, but I think she's at that point in her pregnancy. I took some pics, but I think they got lost when my hard drive crashed on my laptop. (Dell overnighted me a new one, which is what I'm using now). I'll look to see if they might have been uploaded to my other laptop by any chance. I sure hope so. I know for sure I lost all Tyson's basketball videos from the past three seasons, which is a TOTAL bummer!

Last night, Mary & I went to Grants Pass for my brother Allen's Phi Theta Kappa honor society induction. His sponsor & Rosalie & David came, as well. The ceremony itself was very short, but I took video & pics, so I'll add those to this post as soon as I get a chance. Allen has a 4.0 GPA & I hope he sticks with school so he can see the potential that we have all seen in him.



Well, I'm gonna eat something & try to nap a little bit before I get started on some homework. I'm trying to get ahead in school because I'll be filling in for another transcriptionist all next week & it's also the week before finals.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Thanks for the update! Mary mentioned Heather being a tad cranky at the shower... lol!

Can't wait to see photos and videos!
Good call on your classmate btw, sounds like someone who likes to take the easy boat....

Kathy said...

As usual, I'm late to the party. Sorry!
I hope you're feeling better. You sounded like death-warmed-over on the phone the other day. Did you end up going to the meditation class and being sent away? lol.
Very good call on the student issue! Wow! People like that are so frustrating! Jennifer had her fair share of those "team" projects and I was always so angry that the teacher didn't do anything about them all making her do all the work and them getting credit for it. Thank goodness you guys have the choice to say "nope, sorry!"
Very awesome pics of Allen's PTK ceremony! I'm SO glad you took them. I so badly wanted to be there to show support. What an amazing accomplishment.
Don't give up on your hard drive yet. I know that there is a way to recover stuff, but it can be extremely costly unless you have connections (a friend of mine just paid $700 to retrieve her stuff, but she didn't have a choice because it had their personal business files on it, ack!). Hopefully you can find someone knowledgeable and cheap, but supposedly it can be done (I'm still holding out on my external HD that started failing a couple of years ago...it's sitting idle, waiting for me to find that cheap connection).
Okay, off to catch up on the other posts that I've apparently missed!

Amanda said...

Yep, I went to meditation & the teacher very sweetly asked me to go ahead & leave after I had three good coughing fits within my first 10 minutes there...

Dell overnighted me a new hard drive & I have to send mine back to them. My other concern with trying to restore is that they will see things on there I don't want them to see (no, I'm not talking porn, people). I think we'll get over the loss eventually. At least some of his highlights are on the video I posted on this blog, so we have those!