Search This Blog

Saturday, May 08, 2010

I don't actually have anything new to report, but am trying to stay in better touch with family, and blogging is one way to do that...

My niece, Mary, came over for coffee Friday morning (yesterday), then we went to Medford & did some shopping before I headed over to my friend, Samantha's. I don't know if I mentioned it before, but her mom just died a few weeks ago, and now her dad's going in for tripple bypass surgery. She's obviously been going through a rough time, but she's really keeping it together. We went shopping at the craft store to look for scrapbooking ideas for a project for one of her classes. Afterward, we went out to Mexican food, then she came over & we had a nice long girl's chat in my room until after midnight.

I also put together a paper for my communications class which I present with three other students on Monday morning. I'm actually pretty excited about it, because my team members are really smart & liked my ideas, as well as having some great ones of their own. I figured if it's a class about media and the effect it has on society and cultures, we should include video & music in our power point presentation. Nobody else has done that in our class, and I think it's going to go over really well.

I popped over to my friend and old neighbor, Bridget's, today for a little visit & a banana daquiri. I'm not sure what's on the agenda for tomorrow for Mother's Day. Tyson has some friends staying the night, so I'm gonna just chill in my room & fall asleep to a movie. I do enjoy this quieter life!

2 comments:

Angel22lal said...

Love hearing your updates. Sounds like life is calming down and making sense. Love you!

Kathy said...

Keep on blogging. I like the updates also. Glad to hear things are smoothing out a little and you're getting settled in.