Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My boy is back home!! I really missed him, especially the last couple of days he was gone, but I don't think I realized how much until we were driving back home & he was regaling me with hilarious tales from his advetures. He's becoming such a teenager in so many ways & he doesn't talk to me as much anymore, so it was cool that he jabbered on the whole way... He was singing "Sweet Home, Talent, Oregon" as we got closer to home & professed his love for his room & his home when we walked in. I'm sure he'll quit appreciating it by day's end, but forgive a mom for relishing the rare (and decreasing daily) moments when her child wants to be home & acutally missed her!!

I met my dad & his girlfriend, Sally, at Denney's in Crescent City a little after 6 pm. In addition to Tyson, Dad also brought me some homemade banana puddin'!! (That was devoured after he bought us dinner - thanks, Dad!) Ty & Dad were in rare form & bantering back & forth. It's really cool that my family is getting to know who my son is & that they can appreciate his personality, because it is different - but then again, I guess it makes sense that they would, since his sense of humor & attitudes are pretty similar to mine. Besides, my parents already put up with 7 smart-ass kids, so I'm sure it just kinda rolls off 'em now. I enjoyed visiting with Sally, too. The only other encounter that I've had with her was at Thanksgiving with everyone else & she had a headache. I was thrilled to see how much she giggles & is goofy & makes my dad laugh. It's obvious that she just thinks the world of him!

Well, I'm gonna roll out of bed & get ready - I'm meeting my lover for lunch today, then I'll probably see if Ty wants to go to the pool with me, but I think he's pretty preoccupied with renewing his acquaintance with Halo 3 for the time being...

2 comments:

Angel22lal said...

Luuuuuver eh? LOL! I love it!

And two posts in as many days! WOW!!! Sounds like your life is going good, enjoy these moments to savor when things turn to shit - which they tend to do now and then... That's when you take out these moments in your memory and relive them.... each moment by exquisite moment..


Ex·qui·site
Pronunciation: \ek-ˈskwi-zət
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English exquisit, from Latin exquisitus, past participle of exquirere to search out, from ex- + quaerere to seek Date: 15th century
1: carefully selected : choice
2archaic : accurate
3 a: marked by flawless craftsmanship or by beautiful, ingenious, delicate, or elaborate execution (an exquisite vase) b: marked by nice discrimination, deep sensitivity, or subtle understanding (exquisite taste) c: accomplished, perfected (an exquisite gentleman)
4 a: pleasing through beauty, fitness, or perfection (an exquisite white blossom) b: acute, intense (exquisite pain) c: having uncommon or esoteric appeal

Kathy said...

No, no...it's "Lovahh". ;0) Good to see you posting again! So glad to hear that Ty is enjoying being back home.