Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Some pics from the Hoop World Streetball Tournament last weekend:




Well, tomorrow's the 4th of July again...Isn't that supposed to be, like, in the middle of summer?! In my opinion, summer should last for at least 6 months. With all the stuff you have to do on a daily basis, there's just not much time left for enjoying the sunshine & the wonderful warm summer evenings. Tomorrow, Tyson & I are going to Lisa's dad's place (along w/ Tyson's best bud, Triston& his mom) for a BBQ & swimming in their pool, which I hear is pretty spectacular & all rock. Afterward, we will go watch the fireworks somewhere, of course. Speaking of amazing pools, though, Tyson went to his friend, Luc's, aunt's house & their entire living room was a pool. The entrance leads to a balcony & you look down & see this olympic sized pool! Awesome!

Work's been getting a little bit better. I sent out my patient statements for the first time in two months, so yesterday I was inundated with calls, but not half as bad as I thought. My biggest fear was that I wouldn't be able to figure out which screen to go to to get the info I needed, with the new software, but I think I'm really starting to get it! To top it off, I am FINALLY getting an assistant! It's so nice to know that they recognize how hard I work & that I can't continue to do it all on my own.

I got a call from Krista today & she said that a friend of Dustin's that he'd considered going into business with, committed suicide yesterday, leaving behind a wife & kids. Apparently, the marriage was in trouble & his business was flourishing & just became too much stress. Another tragedy that just makes no sense. Don't people realize that everything changes eventually, if you just give it enough time? And if you can't wait it out, then you can change it, rather than taking your life & having no opportunity for better things to come and hurting so many people that you love in the meantime? Anyway, if they end up having the memorial this weekend, then Krista & Dustin will be coming down.

Kristin came down from Bend on Friday & we went shopping until the mall closed, then headed over to Chadwick's & hung out with a couple of guys that she knew from college. On Saturday, I accompanied Lisa down to Redding to meet up with her ex & drop her son off for a visit with him. We're thinking that when we go to pick him up, we should bring Ty & go to the water slides there & then camp at Shasta Lake on the way back up. On Saturday night, Tyson & I rented a couple of movies & snuggled on the futon & slept in on Sunday & watched more movies & I even took a nap, then went to lay out by the pool. I've just been SO exhausted lately, that sometimes you just need to drop everything & recouperate!

My mom is thinking about moving here & I need to get out & start looking for a place for her, too. It's just hard to make the time, especially when I don't know when the move would take place & she has a certain kind of place in mind, but anything I've looked at with any kind of yard/acreage is SPENDY! Maybe you guys could send out some prayers her way & include my dad in them, too? I won't go into it, but he's going through a rough time & could use some prayers.

Well, I've pretty much posted about everything I can think of, except that Tyson will be signing up for summer league basketball sometime this next week or so. Hope everyone's having a great summer so far! Oh, upcoming events for the rest of summer include Becky's party in Gold Hill (her parents are renting a band & will have a full bar & BBQ, and I had such a great time last time I went, and this is supposed to be HUGE!), hopefully the Douglas County fair August 9th (Poison & Ratt will be performing & I just love those 80s hair bands!) & then the Chicago concert with Lisa & her parents at Britt at the end of August!

2 comments:

Angel22lal said...

Prayers going on up....

Anonymous said...

Nope, summer is definitely not long enough (though I must say that in some ways I'm relieved when school resumes). Seems like it just started!