Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 26, 2007






All right, I guess I'll try this dang thing again - I'll take Kathy's advice & copy & paste just in case I lose it when I go to post...


Let me start by saying that it's entirely WAY too late for me to even be up, much less posting on my blog, but I know that the suspense has nearly killed all y'all!


So, some highlights:

*Ty's 5th grade graduation June 11. He received the Presidential Award for Academic Excellence, as well as the Social Studies & Science award (to add to his Math award from earlier in the year). Not to brag or anything...Seth stopped by briefly & cut out early, even though it was his day off (yep - he's actually working!)

*Work - getting better, still sucking, but learning more...

*Visit from family!! Kathy & the kids drove up from AZ & stayed just over a week with me. Laura joined us Saturday through Tuesday morning, when they drove back. We had an AWESOME visit! The weather was ideal, the kids got along well, we played in the pool, went shopping, visited & did KARAOKE!!! I just love having a sister that loves to do this as much as I do! So, they arrived on Monday evening & on Thursday, Kathy & I went to the Red Lion, where we'd hear a rumor that the guys from Whose Line Is It Anyway? would be doing some karaoke prior to their show at the Craterian the next night. We couldn't be sure, but figured that even if it weren't true, there would still be karaoke...Well, sure enough - they sauntered in & we joined the rest of the groupies & took a bunch of pics & just hung out with them. Obviously, these are some funny guys, but I was really impressed by how well most of them sang (oh, and also how hot a couple of them were)! Then, on Saturday, when Kathy & Laura came back from Eureka for my niece, Mary's, graduation, we all went out to Chadwick's. We decided to drive the jeep there & get a cab home so that we could all drink & be silly together, which we promptly proceeded to do. I have some incriminating photos of Laura underneath the table & Kathy hugging a complete stranger like she was her best friend. We won't discuss the incriminating photos they got of me! I just LOVE my sisters & hanging out with them! We really had a blast.

*End of baseball, on the street ball hoops tournament June 23-24 downtown Medford, sponsored by KOBI & KISS FM. Tyson has been setting this up for a couple of months now, with very little assistance from me, & has organized four friends to join his team (it's a 3-on-3 tourament, & he can have 2 subs), set up practices at the YMCA & the school & made up plays & collected the $100 entry fee. So we did that all weekend - good times for the most part. Tyson being the little competitor had a hard time with losing all their games, but they were in a 13 & under division, since the next division was 10 & under & they had one 10 y/o & four 11 y/o. I kept having to remind him that he was getting to spend an entire weekend with his best buds (and his girlfriend, who was also on the team) doing his most favorite thing with the music pumping & the streets closed off for vendors & meeting real street ball players & that it was a great experience, win or lose. Halfway through, I decided that if he wanted to have a bad time, that was his call & he did just fine.


There's really even more to tell, but I need to crash for the time being & will try to fill in the gaps soon (I know, that's what I always say...I really will try!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO! I knew you could post! ;0)

Ok, first let's clear up the "hugging a stranger" part...she'd been introduced to us! lol, actually she was so incredibly drunk that I think she just grabbed onto me for support so she wouldn't collapse to the floor! I drew the line at sharing the bathroom with her when she asked though. Laura distracted her as I bolted in and locked the door behind me. Apparently, she was baffled by this, lol. Yeah, that night (and the Red Lion night) was a blast! Actually, the whole visit was! I can't wait to do it again!!

I sure wish I'd been able to be there for Tyson's graduation and his streetball tournament! He's doing so great for himself and should be very proud to have even held his own in matches against kids that age! He's gonna wipe the streets up with them next year!

Ok, get to bed now young lady!