Search This Blog

Monday, July 09, 2007

Saturday was my friend, Terri's daughter's wedding (7/7/07, of course) & I performed the song "My Best Friend" by Tim McGraw. I was a little nervous, since I hadn't been able to practice it with a mic or in the room to test out the acoustics. As it turned out, they put the background music onto a DVD that played during my song with all kinds of pictures of the two of them together over the years, so the DJ had no control over the volume and I was singing with his mic, which was really loud & had quite a bit of echo, so I did my best to soften it up & blend in with the music. It actually turned out really well. So well, in fact, that I guess a lot of people didn't realize that I was singing live in the back of the room, but thought it was a CD. I got a lot of really nice feedback & I felt like all my practice had paid off. The wedding & reception were a lot of fun & very well planned by Terri & Samantha (the bride). Lisa, Susan, Bel, Michelle & her hubby & daughter & I all came from work & hung out together & Susan & Bel danced the night away with me. They rented the local hip-hop DJ from KISS FM & he did a great job with music selection. Played a lot of motown & disco & mixed it in with a little newer stuff, so all ages were having a blast.

In other news, Tyson had signups for summer league basketball (with Triston, too, of course) tonight. They have their first practice on Thursday & their first game on Saturday! The boys & I went to the mall yesterday & got some new basketball jerseys & Ty got some hand weights & some pushup handle thingies that save your hands & wrists while increasing your workout during pushups. I also had to hit Bath & Body Works for the last day of their sale (Wow - vanilla body sprays originally $10.50 were $1 apiece!!!) & ran into Denise & her daughter, Krista, there.

We're going to be dog-sitting Jelly again starting tomorrow, just for a couple of days, & I'll also be filling in doing some extra transcription for Brenda beginning on the 19th. I just realized today that the Jackson County Fair is July 17-22 & that Lynnard Skynnard will be there, as will Joan Jett! I might just have to go on both nights!

Anyway, speaking of transcription, I do have some that needs to get done, so I'd best get on it! Try to write more soon & I'll also add some pics from the wedding as soon as I get some from Terri.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know I already talked to you about the wedding performance, but I knew you'd do an awesome job! Hey, you could add "Wedding Singer" to your job list. ;0) Speaking of which, remind me to tell you about a dream I had about you and Adam Sandler, lol. So, was the DJ the one I'm thinking it was or someone else?
I figured that Tyson would be playing BB again already. While on vacation one of the newspapers we got had an article about kids working out (positive), so I brought it home and cut out the article for you. You'll have to remind me to either scan it for you or send it to you. I'm awfully forgetful lately.
Nice sale at B&B! I really need to get down there again soon, though I think the stash of lotions and body sprays I got while in Medford should last me for years to come, lol. I really should have bought stock in the company first...you're just such a good influence. ;0)
OMG, I can't believe that you're risking Jelly again! You are certifiable! You should start volunteering to do it at their house.
I'm SO jealous that you get to go see Joan Jett! Miranda will be jealous too. She loves singing "I Love Rock & Roll" (and any other song with "rock and roll" in it). Hey, I'll trade you...you can go to the Faith Hill/Tim McGraw concert in Phx. and I'll go to fair to see Joan Jett! YES!!!
Looking forward to the pics. I'll try to remember to give you a holla this weekend...so much to catch up on!