Search This Blog
Tuesday, October 04, 2011
Well, my excitement quickly transformed into an intense feeling of being overwhelmed once I delved into the learning process in my EMDA class which I planned to use this blog for. I won't go into details, but I think I did the smart thing by withdrawing from that class to minimize my class load this term. I'm now down to 12 credits, which is still full time, and with the TA position, practicum hours at the psychologist's office, and volunteer work, I think I'll be plenty busy still. I actually skipped my classes today so I could stay home and get caught up on schoolwork and online quizzes (as well as transcription) and it's only the second week of the term! I'm sure I'll do fine, now that I extricated myself from the EMDA class and a few other "obligations" that I felt I had to commit to. I'll try to still keep up on the blogging.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Definitely a good choice to let yourself off the hook for a gasp of air. Were you able to work out the journalism minor still without the class? Either way, I think it was the right decision and lets you focus on what you need to. Hang in there, sis! That light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer (and it's looking less and less like a train!). ;0)
Yes, I am awaiting an email back from the journalism department with class options. I will end up with a major in psych and a dual minor in soc (already done!) and journalism. After this term, I will only need to take four classes next term to achieve this. One of those is my the second part of my capstone and from what I understand, I'm pretty much doing all the work on that this term by putting in my 100 hours and will simply need to present on my experience next term, so it will really be more like three classes. Aside from the psychology capstone, I will be taking all journalism classes: news writing, feature writing, and one other which is the one I'm waiting to hear back on. Looking good!!
Very cool!!
Post a Comment