Search This Blog

Monday, August 31, 2009

Been busy as usual and life just seems to be an uphill battle lately. I think I'm experiencing my biological clock and some residual depression as a result. I know better than to dwell & I am wise enough in my many years (ha!) to recognize the many blessings I have receieved - my amazing child that I do have, for one. I know I gush about him all the time, but he really is my biggest source of pride and my consistent ray of light. When my friends let me down, when I feel frustrated in my love life, when I struggle to keep up in school or with work, or when I question myself, I can always look at him and know that I have done something amazing and worthwhile.

He just started football practice last week and is now officially taller than me - no more denying it. He starts 8th grade after Labor Day Weekend.

I withdrew from my online science class over the summer & my grades come out on the 2nd. I know I got an A in my PE & Psych classes but don't know yet if I got an A or B in Intro to Motion Pictures. It was hardly the fun, piece-of-cake class that I thought it would be!

Johny moved back to California after several months of trying to tough it out here. My brother, Allen, resumed classes at RCC with me over the summer & will be continuing in the fall. My niece, Mary, and her boyfriend, Matt, moved up here from Humboldt County & are renting a cute little 2 bdrm house in Medford. He lined up a job before they moved up here but she's still looking. I went to lunch with her and my other niece who lives here, Heather, the other day and last night I went to watch Heather play softball with Tyson & his friend, Sam. Next Saturday, I plan on visiting my nephew (Allen's son) in jail.

I'm hoping to make family and some long-lost friends more of a priority over the next month I have off from school, as well as trying to get some down time for myself and getting more organized and making time to exercise. The problem is, I do still have to work and get Ty all ready for school & football, so I'll still be plenty busy.

1 comment:

Angel22lal said...

Cory's in jail again? When will he get a mentor that can truly help him?