Thought I should write, if nothing else, to let y'all know I am still alive & well.
Today was the first day of the fall term. (I did end up with another 4.0 for last term, btw.) This term, I'm taking Sociology, Core & Cardio again, Math, Biology, & Writing. I was elected to student government, but I'm strongly considering dropping it, since that's another 14+ hours a week & I have to pay books & tuition for a leadership class if I do it. When I originally applied, I was looking at having student government on my scholarship applications, but now that I have the Ford scholarship, I don't need it. Anyway, that's school.
As for work, I am totally stoked that I got another doctor's office transcription. He's one of the easiest docs I've done transcription for, so hopefully it won't take up too much extra time, but will bring in some extra cash.
Tyson started 7th grade. He's looking forward to getting to play basketball for the school team & his coach even singled him out & invited him to come play at the school yesterday (Tyson beat him 10-4)! Unfortunately, Tyson did exacerbate his previous knee injury during practice for the fall league, so he didn't play community ball. We finally got him on Oregon Health Plan, so I took him to the doctor, who referred him to a specialist. We have an appointment this afternoon & I'm hoping they'll be able to reassure Tyson that this doesn't mean the end of his basketball career & set him up with a treatment plan to strengthen his knee & bring down the swelling.
I saved the best news for last: Lance & I moved in together!! For now, we're staying at the apartment to save up $ for a deposit, but we're hoping to get a house sometime in the near future. Everything's going really well & Tyson is stoked about it, too. I just think it's so awesome how accepting & encouraging he's been about this relationship! The guys have been doing a lot of bonding over video games, which I'm pretty sure helps the way that Tyson feels about him, but I don't want to take away from the fact that Tyson sees how happy Lance makes me.
So, yeah... There's probably a lot more news, but I really don't have time for all the details right now. One thing I did want to mention is that we're planning to go to Eureka for Thanksgiving - I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone & giving everyone the opportunity to meet TG!
2 comments:
YEAH! on all accounts. ;0) I won't repeat myself on everything, but hope that everything went well with the specialist. Please do fill us in ASAP about that.
I'm so happy to hear how well things are going for all of you!!
Glad to see the bloggers back in action!
Post a Comment