Life sure has been full of ups & downs - this hasn't been an easy summer or an easy transition from working girl to college student. I have to say, though, that I'm definitely on an "up" right now, & being the optimist that I am, I had to share how happy I am when things are good...
On Saturday, TG ended up coming to Talent to go see Princess Bride with me at the park (which is a good thing, since every single one of my girlfriends bailed, but no worries). He arrived looking incredibly adorable in a new hat that he just got & with a wonderful, sweet card in hand. I was wearing a new sundress I just got at the consignment store & it was a perfect warm, clear evening with a nice cool breeze. We took my Harley blanket that I carry everywhere with me (the one my sister, Laura, gave me for Christmas abut 6 or 7 years ago) & laid it out on the lawn to watch the movie. In addition to some much needed & enjoyed snuggling & romance (and "Twoo Wove!"), I was treated to a fabulous back rub! Really, it doesn't get much better than that.
I had an absolutely fabulous day today, too. I delivered my persuasive speech & got an A! The professor's only critique was that I made some smacking noises with my mouth. (It's amazing all the weird habits we have that result from nerves that we aren't even aware of.) Usually he has a lot of suggestions or comments or critisisms, however you want to take it... I take it for what it is: he knows what he's doing & is teaching me, which is what he's paid to do! But this time, there was only that one comment. I asked him after class what my overall grade was & he said that I definitely got an A in his class! I got several compliments from my classmates & one of them came up to me & told me that I set the bar really high for the rest of the class. After class, I bumped into a lady whom I had Writing 121 with who is also majoring in Sociology & going for her MSW. She told me that she was thinking about me the past weekend & wanted to tell me that I will make a great therapist & that I am a great listener who knows how to talk to people & make them feel comfortable & that I have exactly the qualities that a therapist should have. What an amazing compliment! Between that & the speech, I was really on Cloud 9. Then, on my way to stop by to see TG on his break on my home from school, I got a call from Tyson, who just wanted to tell me that he loved me. (Really!)
Tonight, I did some online homework & an online quiz in math & tallied up all my scores, along with the graded tests I received back from my math prof today & have an average score of 99.29%. And I've turned in all the paper homework, which will get me points just for doing the work, so as long as I do well on the final, I'm fairly certain I'll get an A in math, too! I was relieved to find out that the final isn't a review of everything from the term, but just on the last chapter of factoring & exponents, which has actually made the most sense to me of anything we've studied all term.
Anyway, sorry to go off, but I have so many things to be grateful for & just had to share. Now I've gotta get some sleep!
6 comments:
Sounds like life is treating you well. I'm so happy for you. Grades, compliments, fun in the park, and children. Sigh. Good to hear happiness is hangin' out in your neck of the woods!
Love ya
. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder tooday. Mawage, that bwessed awangment, that dweam wifin a dweam...
I am soooo glad things are going well for you!!! Couldn't happen to a nicer person. But, you know that!! You are real..... that's why people are drawn to you & why you will be good at your chosen profession. You make me proud, as I feel I had a hand in directing the way you could go. You didn't have to take me seriously, but hope some of what I taught you was useful..... then I can bask in the afterglow from your happiness.
Tell Carey I am proud of him, will you? He has accomplished so much & I know it has been hard. It took a lot of perserverance & courage.
Love You ALL
Mom
Mom, thank you so much for your comment! I was just whining to Lisa at lunch today that the only way I ever update you & Dad is through my blog, and then you guys don't ever leave any comments, lol!
You may definitely take some credit for my happiness & success! No parent is perfect, but you gave me the most important things - support, encouragement, & unconditional love, for which I will be eternally grateful! When I was having an especially tough night a while back & struggling with whether or not I've made the right decision, Tyson reassured me by pointing out that he wouldn't be such a great & supportive kid if I wasn't a good parent, and this applies to you, too.
I will be sure to pass your message on to Carey. I'm awfully proud of him, too! I love you, Mom!
Very cool stuff! Sorry I'm so bad at getting to the blogs lately...
Congratulations on the speech! I knew you'd do well with all the prep work you put into it (I'm assuming that you left out the props, lol). WTG!!
And an A in math?! What's going on!?! I'm giving you a standing O for that one!
Speaking of C. Allen, I am so amazed by his strength through all of this recovery. I really think we need to start planning a huge 1-year party for him to help celebrate such an awesome accomplishment...what do you think?
Ooooooooooooohhhhh!!! I LOVE it! I guess it can't be a booze party, hmmm? But seriously, we totally should plan a big celebration - Adams style! Get together with Laura & see if you guys could coordinate 3 months from August 19th.
Post a Comment