Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Quick update on Ty's knee:

We went to see the specialist yesterday (after an incredibly loooong wait) & got some great news! Tyson basically just has Osgood-Schlatter's (aka tendonitis) & just needs to manage the pain until he gets through his major growing. He hasn't done any damage; his knees are a little out of alignment, which can increase the pain level, but overall isn't a problem. So, he's going to continue playing fall league basketball as tolerable & get back into shape. Lance & I were a little surprised by Tyson's blase reaction to the news, but he's becoming a teenager, so I guess that just comes with the territory.

Well, I need to get Tyson to school & then get ready for school, myself. Write more soon(?)...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ews!!!... I think. At least he didn't injure himself. BTW, it's Osgood - Slaughter's Disease. What have you learned about it from Carey? & Thanks for letting us know so soon

Love You Guys

Angel22lal said...

Good to hear he can play again! What a relief!

Mechroneal said...

Him being able to play well is great! Now if we could just convince him...

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I'm relieved to hear that they don't consider it a life-hindering condition anymore. I remember it stopping Joe from going further in football (at least his dreams for the NFL) and Allen having troubles with it as well. I really hope that he doesn't let the brief interruption stop the momentum that he had going. He's too good a player to be stopped.
Thanks for the update on this!