
Happy Birthday, Christine & Allen!!!!!
And now, the goings-on...
Well, as you may have heard, there is a certain someone I've been spending time with. Not nearly as much as I'd like to, mind you, but we did manage to get some quality time in this weekend. Can I just say how much fun I have with this guy?! It's so cool to finally meet someone that I can be myself around. We didn't do a whole lot - went to the bowling alley & played air hockey (still in search of a good air hockey table!) & Deal or No Deal & some other games with his friends, Mike & Chelsea. We got a bunch of tickets & brought home some souveniers (my personal favorite being the rubber chicken keychains). Afterward, we went to see 21 at the movies, but actually left early cause it was getting late.
On Saturday, we downloaded a pinball game onto Tyson's XBox 360 (thanks, L!) because there were no pinball machines at Lava Lanes & I've really been wanting to play. I have never actually played on the 360 before, so I wasn't really sure about it, but Lance did convince me & I proceeded to whup his narrow behind! It was so cool - you really get the feeling that you're playing on a pinball machine, complete with the sights, sounds & shaking from the controller. I grudgingly stepped away from the 360 in order to take Lance to an audition in Medford & then we met up & played some pool. Actually, he played some pool - I just sucked really, really badly! Afterward, we tried out a new Chinese food place that was really good & the waitress had an uncanny sense for what we did & didn't like, which we found a little disconcerting. I guess you'd have to be there...
We came back to my place & Lance & Tyson & his buddy played some video games while I did some transcription. (By the way, Ty was with his dad & grandpa Friday night & most of Saturday.) Then Lance & I went for a long walk & enjoyed some good conversation, as usual.
On Sunday, I got to experience Rock Band at his house. For those of you who don't know, this is a video game where you have almost life-sized instruments, such as a bass, guitar, drums & a mic. It was such a blast & I just love the fact that I can hang out with a guy that I like & still be such a dork & have such a good time!
Anyway, that's enough about "The Guy" - don't want him thinking I spend all my time writing about him & sighing...
I finally rented a "parlor suite" for us in Portland for the Trailblazers/Mavericks game on Saturday! I'll have the king bed & give the boys the living area & just have them bring sleeping bags - screw paying an extra $30 for rollaways! It's about 5 miles (20 minutes) from the Rose Garden, where the game will be, but the motel offers a shuttle to the airport, less than a mile away, & we can take the metro from there, so we won't have to worry about driving & parking. I think we'll have a blast!
5 comments:
Ain't life grand?.... sigh.
:Sigh:
It was a great weekend, though I didn't realize just how much "stuff" we did til I read about it. How'd you do at air-hockey?
http://www.discountarcade.com/main/searchdetails/Redemption/192
Got about 9 grand I can borrow? That was a hoot!
Lance,(looking away & putting on lipgloss)...
Sounds like a lot of fun was had! It's so cool that you both found someone to be goofy with. That's what it's all about, right? *sigh* ;0)
Rock Band sounds really cool. I haven't even tried Guitar Hero yet, but think I must be the only one in the world who hasn't! I think Barney is turning you into a videot! (Yeah!!!)
Post a Comment