Search This Blog

Monday, April 28, 2008

Brief update, as it's pretty late & I want to watch the online episode of Grey's Anatomy, which resumed last Thursday...YEAH!!!

So, school: I had to write a narrative essay for Writing 121 on a person or event that changed my life. I wrote a five page story about Shannon & I got my grade back today & it was an A! I took my Psych 202 test over 4 chapters last Thursday & my prof actually called me at home last night to check on me following the oral surgery & informed me that I did better than most of the class, but still only scored high in the 70%. The good news is that there's an extra credit project I can do by May 8th that will help bump that up, which I fully intend to take advantage of! Yoga is yoga; how hard can it be? My College Success & Survival course met for the last time on Thursday night, so that's a done deal. I turn in a final essay tomorrow for the final grade, but it's pass or no pass, so it's no biggie. The prof is a poetry therapist, though, & I have a feeling I'll have her for a writing or sociology class down the road, so it can't hurt to make an early impression, if ya know what I mean... And, finally, Math. I've been worried about this one from the get-go, but I decided to just breathe deeply & remove my mental block where math is concerned. I completely forgot that we had a test over the last four sections this morning, but that turned out to be okay, because I just checked online & I got 100% on the test!!! Woo-hoo! There's a place where I can check my overall grade in Math & I'm at 93%. And I may or may not have mentioned it, but I got notified by the Ford Scholarship Foundation that I was selected as a finalist to interview in Eugene on May 7th. This scholarship alone pays for 90% of estimated cost of tuition, room & board, books, transportation, etc. The example they listed in the paperwork was for just under $11K. I'm going to take an interview prep training that RCC offers to prepare for this. I'm also going to attend a free luncheon/seminar that is being held at the library regarding higher education. I'm sure the topics will be insightful, but there are 3 scholarships offered as door prizes, so that's my main incentive for going...that, and free lunch!

Well, that's school. And this isn't the brief update I intended. Oh, well... As far as TG goes, if he didn't read my blog, I'd be gushing right about now, but suffice it to say that I think he's absolutely fabulous & I had the greatest time hanging out with him last weekend!

Transcription & work are still going smoothly. I emailed Brenda, the lady I do a lot of subbing for, and informed her that I'll be looking to pick up some extra work at some point in the near future. I'm reluctant to take on a whole lot more right now, but once I get through this term & settle in a little more, I think I'll be able to handle more work - and I know I could definitely handle some more cash!

So, there's the latest & greatest. I'm signing off to watch Grey's now...(yawn...)

2 comments:

Angel22lal said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!!
I'm impressed and wish you all the best on this journey!
As for TG, we need more info! LOL

Anonymous said...

I had absolutely no doubt that you'd do so well. Isn't it amazing how much more we can do when we apply ourselves (and are paying for the education)?!
I'd comment more, but am so tired that I have a headache and can barely see the screen. Hitting the sack now. G'night!