Well, our boys are done with baseball season! We lost our last two games, so we didn't end up in the playoffs. I think Tyson was ready for a break, anyway. He's done sports every season, back to back, for the last year, now. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what to do with him to keep him busy this summer. We all know about idle time...
I've been looking into some local programs to help moderate income families buy their first home w/ 0 interest & no down payment, through Rural Development, and another program (not Habitat for Humanity) that they are doing in Ashland to offer affordable housing by using "sweat equity", meaning that I would help to build my house & the houses of 5 neighbors. (They've already filled 2 of the 6 spots available.) They told me today that, if I didn't have such a high car payment, that I would be considered over 75 other families that have applied, based on my credit. I just don't know how to get out of this jeep (as much as I love it, I'd rather be a home-owner)! I think the first step I'll take is to see if my bank would refinance the jeep & lower my payments & see how I do, then.
Kathy should be pulling in this afternoon or evening. It sounds like this has been a stressful trip for her, what with traveling such a long distance on the road with three kids by herself...I'd be going crazy! I'm just hoping that, when she gets here, she can settle in & relax & have some fun! It will be her birthday, after all!
3 comments:
WOOHOOO!!! I'm here! I'm here!! A little late, but we made it. Yep, the kiddos are doing their best to send me to an insane asylum, but somehow I'm still around...
The home thing sounds awesome!! I hope you can figure out a way around the Jeep! How very frustrating. Anyway, I'll comment on the rest in person when I see you tomorrow (I'm writing this after you've gone to bed, lol). TTYL!
I hope you guys have a lot of fun and get all caught up!!!
Thanks, Mike! We had a blast, even if that did constitute very little sleep! It was worth it!
Post a Comment