I am just so unmotivated these days! Sorry I haven't posted in so long. As a result, I will be writing the short version of things:
As you all know, my sister, Kathy, and her three kids came to stay for a week & left on Wednesday morning. We had a great time and got to do pretty much everything we'd talked about doing. We had some down time, by the pool, were able to sleep in some days, took the kids to the park & to the movies (Cars), went out to Sams Valley (in search of "Sick Hill", which doesn't seem to exist anymore, but the lady at Rainey's told us about another hill that would potentially have the same effect, even though she thought we were weird), went out to karaoke & had a candle party - PHEW!! All in all, we really had a great time & a lot of late nights! I miss them already! I took half days off while they were here, so I could have plenty of time to visit, but also wouldn't use up all my vacation time.
Believe it or not, this was actually the first time that Kathy & I have gone out together, and we had a blast! We were definitely the rowdy table, so I'm sure everyone thought we were wasted, but that wasn't it at all - we just like to have fun & be goofy. We did a good job! At one point, this guy that I'd met one other time at karaoke walked over to our table while singing & sat on my lap & posed for a picture. Ooh-la-la!! I'm hoping that I will see him again...
I got a very interesting call on Tuesday evening from a girl that I'd been friends with since we were in kindergarten, right up until I moved to the coast! It turns out she's still in Medford, so we exchanged numbers & I'm hoping to hang out with her soon & catch up! What a trip!
With all the excitement, it totally didn't occur to me that this weekend is the 4th of July weekend & I have NO plans!! The office is closed on Monday, but it would be unpaid time, so I plan to put in at least a half day so I don't have to use even more vacation time right away. I'm kinda hoping that Krista & Dustin are coming down, but I haven't heard back from them yet. Otherwise, we'll probably just go into Medford & watch the parade & do the city fireworks. I just love fireworks!! The 4th has always been one of my favorite holidays. Probably in part because it's during the summer, which I live for!
Well, this is all I can manage for now...Hopefully, I'll be writing more before too long.
2 comments:
Nothing like having a 20 y/o nephew to make me feel ancient! I wouldn't forget - I actually have it on my task reminder! Do you know what his plans are, yet?
amanda, we will be in eagle point for parade and fireworks if you would like to join us! we celebrate podunk style. the 4th is my favorite holiday because it is all about spending time with your family and no pressure about presents. i love that! just being together cause you want to not because that is the only way to secure a gift. i have conviced gary to love it too. he now looks forward to the parade and fireworks. he hates crowds so it took a while to get him into my routine and now he gets all the plans in order to attend. awww, how i love to change him!! just kidding!
Post a Comment