What is it about me that makes me a weird guy magnet? Upon seeing the lengthy letter, stating "I'm not a stalker" and "You don't have to say hello if we meet on the street", written by a 59-year old guy who dropped by my place of employment, my (smart-@$$) friend Gary said, "Wow, you really are a weird guy magnet, aren't you?"
Since then, I've pondered this question quite a bit and found it has a certain ring of truth to it...the only guys who have shown any interest in me since my divorce have been the following:
1. The afore-mentioned tennis stalker
2. The 6'7" salesman flashing pictures of his naked wife to me & other random office
employees.
3. The guy with the multiple piercings (don't get me wrong; to a degree, the whole
piercing/tatoo thing can be hot, but this guy took it a little too far), who sang
Neil Diamond at karoake.
4. The vietnam vet who umps my son's baseball games that told me he suffered from
PTSD in the same sentence he asked me for my phone number.
And, of course, the intelligent, good looking & nice guys that I've expressed any interest in have either not reciprocated or been married. So, yes, I've decided to accept my fate as the weird guy magnet for now, but eventually would like to meet & enjoy the company of a normal guy! I've been told I'm just "too nice", but I don't want to stop being myself in order to avoid these guys...If anyone reading this has any suggestions, either for turning off the circus freaks or for attracting the Average Joe, please feel free (no, really - please!) to post a suggestion.
All for now,
W.G.M.
2 comments:
lol, oh poor Amanda! I swear it won't always be so bad. Don't forget the wierd guys (and seemingly the only guys) who asked me out during my single years after my divorce. Just hold out for a normal one a little longer and I swear it'll be worth it. I think it happens to make us appreciate the normal guy just that much more when he finally does show up. It'll happen...you've deserved it for too long for you not to get a really great catch! (not to mention that any guy would be lucky to get you and the right one will be the one to realize that)...in the meantime, avoid copier salesmen with camera-phones, lol. Gah, you'd think that I'd know SOMEONE still around that area who is single...I'll have to do some investigating I think...
ok amanda, i said i was reading your blogs, but this one i had to reply to, hey girl, I always had the "funny guys" wanting to hit on me!!! hee hee..you're experiences make me remember why i am sticking through it thick and thin! and i must admit it is pretty thick lately!
Post a Comment