Well, it's been a while & I thought I should probably blog before I enter my next & final term at RCC & get too busy!
I'll be taking 18 credits this term (the most I've taken so far!) in order to graduate in time to transfer to SOU in the spring. I've registered for art, music, journalism, juvenille delinquency, and a math class. I'm going to have to dig deep to stay on top of all of them & recent disheartening experiences with people will enable me to be less social and more focused on myself. I won't go into details but I have seen recently how much people take advantage of me & I'm not going to allow them that opportunity anymore.
My jeep broke down about a month ago now. I replaced the radiator but immediately discovered that I had blown the head gasket as well, so have been in the (very lengthy) process of waiting for that to get fixed. I've been feeling pretty cooped up & have had to rely mostly on public transportation to get places. I start classes on the 5th & I set up a ride home for that evening but am not quite sure how I'll be getting home after that (the last bus leaves Medford at 6:30 p.m. & my class ends at 6:50 p.m.). I'm hoping someone in my class lives near me & can help me out with a ride home two nights a week.
Tyson's done with his school season of basketball & the AAU (community) season has begun. His knee has been doing a lot better for a while now & he continues to wow everyone who is lucky enough to see him play. We were going to look into moving so that Tyson could attend South Medford & play for their team but he has recently told me he's considering staying in the Phoenix school district where he already has built a reputation & will continue to be a team captain & get a lot of play time. I told him I was willing to do whatever I could to help him be successful but he needs to make up his mind before we make a move.
Tyson has been spending more time with his dad. Seth is making a little more effort by calling more often but has still only made one basketball game despite the fact that he lives next door to the school. I think the main thing is that Ty can watch his NBA games since they have cable & Seth cooks huge dinners with a lot of meat. Tyson has a voracious appetite now that he's a teenager!
We had a quiet Christmas but it was really nice to spend some quality one-on-one time with the kid without all of his friends over (which is usually the case). I will be happy to put 2009 behind me & am hoping for a better New Year!
2 comments:
Sounds like a full load this semeseter! WOWZA!! If anyone can do it, you can. Maybe things have gone the direction they have so that you'd be free to stay focused this semester. I can't believe you're so close to finishing up there already! WTG!!
Tyson's thinking right in deciding to stay where he is to play BBall. Being at the top of the heap will get him noticed and with more play-time, he can only get better. WTG Tyson!! Keep up the awesome work!
Eye of the Tiger....... yeah!
Excited for you with schooling... way to go!
Post a Comment