Oh, my - it has been AGES since I've posted. Sorry, guys! Well, here's a little update:
The last couple of weeks, especially, things were crazy, what with finals & all. I managed to pull an A in my Technical Report Writing class & my Sociology/Gerentology class. I actually got 103% in Soc, since he gave us an opportunity for extra credit. I did an "older adult" interview of my friend, Darlene, from the Eye Center. The Tech Writing was no easy feat - I learned so much from that experience, though, & even pulled my first all-nighter of my college experience thus far. I'm hoping to never have to repeat it, too! The prof actually asked me for a copy of my report to use as a student sample to inspire future students & that was really awesome, because I remember the first day of her class, seeing these student samples & thinking that I could never achieve that level of greatness. :)
Unfortunately, I did only get a B in both Math & Bio, but the good news is that I only need one more Math class (I registered for Math 243 "Probability & Statistics" for next term, which will be a nice change of pace from the last 4 terms of Algebra!) & one more Science. I've decided to cut back on my workload & not take math & science concurrently & also to take 12 credits rather than 16 so that I can get my GPA back up there. What's also nice is that I don't have to take another Science with a lab, like I've had to, & that means that I won't have those late night classes. So the rest of my Associates Degree from RCC will be spent immersed in Literature, Arts, Music, & Sociology/Psychology ~ exactly what I love! I enrolled in Intro to Rock Music & its Literature next term & am really stoked to finally get to take a Music class! I'm still planning to look into the Sociology Program Italy & they are starting to enroll for that now, so I need to get on it. For now, I'm just trying to use Spring Break (which only lasts for a week!) to get caught up on all the transcription I put off for finals. An added bonus would be to get some housework done & to read a book & watch movies with Tyson & maybe hike Table Rock.
I've also managed to go on a couple of dates & have another one for tomorrow night with a new guy I've never met (friend setup). I'm toying with the idea of using this whole crazy dating experience as fodder for some freelance writing that I'm considering submitting to mags for publishing. I'm pretty sure that's the kind of writing that I want to do & besides, I may as turn my dating nightmares into something humorous, right?!
Last but not least, Tyson's doing great - He got all As except for 2 Bs on his report card & was awarded the "Mad Skillz" award by his coach in AAU Basketball. The coach called to tell me he had to make up a special award for him, since he was "the best player on the team!" His social life is also going really well & he has made some really good friendships with guys from the basketball team & is even considering (gasp!) playing football next winter. The coach already told Tyson he wants him to be quarterback, because he knows he's a leader & has such great athletic ability. He's interested in girls but still manages to stay focused on his goals for the most part. As a matter of fact, his cousin from Seth's side of the family has "hooked him up" with a girl that he's been texting with the past couple of days & they want to meet at the mall & hang out.
Our birthdays are coming up! I think on Friday, I'm going up to my friend, Bridget's cabin & we're going to have a girls' night & ride motorcycles & quads. For Tyson's birthday, I'm still not sure what we're doing. He wants to play laser tag in Eugene but I could only take a couple friends. I was originally going to rent a suite in Medford & let the boys "party it up" so he could have a bunch of people, but I want to do what he wants, since after all, it is HIS birthday. We'll see...
So, that's the update. I'll try to keep up on this, but we all know that my good intentions don't always result in fruition. Love & miss y'all!
2 comments:
FINALLY!!!! AN UPDATE!!!!
Like I can say anything... still...
I'm so proud of you and your ability to stay focused and do so well! Congrads on the great Grades! It's good to know when to let up on asking too much of yourself and you seem to know when and why to do so. I am so excited for you FINALLY being able to take classes you enjoy! I cannot wait to be your first pro-bono client!
Kathy and I are celebrating your birthday together on Saturday. Not sure just yet what we'll do... but I'm sure it will be fun.
You enjoy your birthday- and remember to do what YOU want- and take care of yourself.
Love you bunches!
YEAH! I'm so glad to hear about that A in your writing class!! You definitely earned that one. You did a phenomenal job on that report though and I'm not at all surprised that the teacher wanted a copy (probably to give up teaching in preference of starting up a transcription business, lol).
I'm so glad that you'll finally be able to take some fun classes too and take a little of that pressure off.You've been working too hard and deserve a break.
WTG Tyson! He just surprises (not really) with new stuff every day. I say not really 'cuz he just seems to take it all in stride and do well in everything he sets his heart to. He's got a great role-model in you for that. He's a very lucky boy.
After seeing He's Just Not That Into You, I have to say that you should definitely be using your dating experiences for humorous writing! It was like the author must be a close friend of yours as they plagiarized your social life (keep those royalty checks a-coming, oh yeah! lol...I wish!).
Still not sure what Laura and I are doing to celebrate your birthday either, but wish it could be there with you. We'll be sure to have a few drinks in your honor though (but I'll do my best to keep her away from the Long Island's!!). Have a great time and just enjoy being 21 again. ;0)
Love and miss you tons!!!
Post a Comment